Half or full bridge?

What type of sub amplifier do you run?

• Total voters
Will do, I may post it up later if anyone wants to read it. I'll wait for it to get graded first. We use turnitin.com, and I don't want it to show up plagiarized

Thanks man

Based on the poll, more people run Brazilian than I thought
Not me I run Korean they run way cooler and plus the advantage of running lower impedance to compensate for box rise , I will eat the cost of power supplies bc no matter which amps you run we always need power to make power, upgrade your electrical people and i 100 to 1 want over built as opposed to under built , think if your in car audio always upgrade the big 3 and run solid frame grounds and run class ab amps for mids and highs !! I personally have my wife's build to pull SQ and my ride for SPL and run a DSP for as much SQ as I can get !! And I'm an old dude !!

Not me I run Korean they run way cooler and plus the advantage of running lower impedance to compensate for box rise , I will eat the cost of power supplies bc no matter which amps you run we always need power to make power, upgrade your electrical people and i 100 to 1 want over built as opposed to under built , think if your in car audio always upgrade the big 3 and run solid frame grounds and run class ab amps for mids and highs !! I personally have my wife's build to pull SQ and my ride for SPL and run a DSP for as much SQ as I can get !! And I'm an old dude !!

8 years late with that reply…..
E245098E-7B52-487E-843C-BDF86E871E84.jpeg

What kind of amplifier do you run and why?

Please contribute to the poll!

I am going to use the statistics in my English paper.

Why did you chose Korean or Brazilian?

I've run both, but only have my experiences and opinions.

Main reason I'm not running half bridge anymore is I can't afford to upgrade to the next level. Big gap in price/power for next Brazilian amp up.

I plan to wire my M4a lower in the future when my electrical is better & I need/want more power (will get new subs or re-cone).

For those who don't know

Most amps people run are Korean. Korean amps are half-bridge and only use half the rail voltage inside the amp. They are less efficient than Brazilian amps, but are "more reliable". They can be wired lower than "equivalent" Brazilian (full bridge) amplifiers. Half bridge components are commonly over-built. When you wire lower, your amp sees less impedance. More current is allowed to flow. Beefy Korean amps have strong enough internal parts to handle the extra current flow. Brazilians are not "over-built" and cannot handle excessive current. They make their power by putting out a higher voltage, because they use the full rail voltage to drive the load. Also, they are more sensitive to voltage fluctuations. They don't like low or high voltage. The argument is that full bridge will never do rated power because of impedance rise. Koreans can be wired lower to compensate. Cost for the vehicle's electrical upgrades are significantly more for half-bridge amplifiers. It gets more technical than this, but I hope I've given a basic overview.
Who posted this??? Wow half bridge amplifiers are not Korean. Full bridge amps are not Brazilian. Wow. Just because it’s a country of manufacture has nothing to do with the design. I laugh every time someone posts this.

What kind of amplifier do you run and why?

Please contribute to the poll!

I am going to use the statistics in my English paper.

Why did you chose Korean or Brazilian?

I've run both, but only have my experiences and opinions.

Main reason I'm not running half bridge anymore is I can't afford to upgrade to the next level. Big gap in price/power for next Brazilian amp up.

I plan to wire my M4a lower in the future when my electrical is better & I need/want more power (will get new subs or re-cone).

For those who don't know

Most amps people run are Korean. Korean amps are half-bridge and only use half the rail voltage inside the amp. They are less efficient than Brazilian amps, but are "more reliable". They can be wired lower than "equivalent" Brazilian (full bridge) amplifiers. Half bridge components are commonly over-built. When you wire lower, your amp sees less impedance. More current is allowed to flow. Beefy Korean amps have strong enough internal parts to handle the extra current flow. Brazilians are not "over-built" and cannot handle excessive current. They make their power by putting out a higher voltage, because they use the full rail voltage to drive the load. Also, they are more sensitive to voltage fluctuations. They don't like low or high voltage. The argument is that full bridge will never do rated power because of impedance rise. Koreans can be wired lower to compensate. Cost for the vehicle's electrical upgrades are significantly more for half-bridge amplifiers. It gets more technical than this, but I hope I've given a basic overview.
Yes and no.

Full bridge does not refer to Brazilian per say. JL, rockford, alpine, and many other amp manufacturers have been successfully running full bridge topologies for decades.

The reason for the instability found in some (not all, see banda viking) Brazilian offerings is due to the fact that they are running their components at the limit. Being that close to the limit means that discrepancies in input voltage and other items cause the failure.

A full bridge amp actually runs at HALF the voltage of an equivalently rated Korean.

A full bridge amp also does not suffer from bus pumping like a half bridge design does.

Taramps smart 5 will literally destroy a regular 5k korean on power output. Heck the smart3 likely will too. Lastly making power requires power, both require upgrades to the vehicles electrical system.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...