Had enclosure built for an FI Q 15

Looks good. I wasn't a fan of my Q in a low tuned box, shoulda tried it higher like yours.
Can't wait to try my havocs //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
I think 2 Havoc 15's in 8 cubes with 140sq in of port at 33hz would be insanity.

hmmm

I think 2 Havoc 15's in 8 cubes with 140sq in of port at 33hz would be insanity.
hmmm
I'm going to see how they do sealed, hope I dig em //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Weren't you going to try a havoc 18 in the impala?

That carpet looks awesome. You need tint //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif...
Thanks bro, I was totally surprised how well it meshed, most of the time you don't get that, for a cheap price.

I already have tint, 35% legal, I can only have one ride with the 5% liability, don't want to risk it on my daily... No sir, with the center arm rest (this has a bench seat) folded up - you can't see the sub, and you dam sure cant see it threw the back windows, because the seats stay leaned against the box. I did the "cant see **** out the back windows, hanging out the drivers side window while in reverse ****, every night" for a few years, enough. On a daily, count me out. That **** was "ok" when I was 16 with money to burn, prior to a few tickets for it. Now the coolness factor isn't worth the cost of the tickets. But you'll be ****ed if I take it off the big black SS, unless its to retint it darker. I don't drive it at all during the year, as its back in Dallas. Locked up in hibernation basically bolted to the house. Thank you Mom and Dad - I think the only reason its there honestly is b/c, if it was outside and got ganked, my parents couldn't stand to see their only son in Jail. I don't have near the cash while being a student at Tech to pay a stupid avoidable offense off. Less tickets = More $ in savings. Werd. In the summer rollin' in the SS, its a different story, but honestly a tint ticket is the last of my worries in that beast, hopefully the LEO's play nice with me when I go back.

bimpalassbp6.jpg

****, I miss it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNrTfBjd1X4

It's totally going down this summer. INC is doing some wild set ups this year, maybe another 3rd mag spread for another member or chapter, it is a possibility. The FLA chapter is shitting on the game.

I'm going to see how they do sealed, hope I dig em //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
Weren't you going to try a havoc 18 in the impala?
I want to try a Havoc 15 swap in this box - plus the specs for the enclosures for the Havocs fit this better.

If I love it (the Havoc) that much more, I will get 2 more Havoc's for my Impala, throw the MD2D as a temp amp in the SS. Have Mike build me something crazy in the summer, subs in the deck, some big aero's or a nice custom flared slot. I might go at it solo though. I have about 9cubes net to work with under the rear deck to the tip of the rear window from what I understand, if the floor is glassed. Meaning I could still build me a nice amp rack and have ample trunk room (civic size) Use the packing peanuts to calculate the actual size, and build ports accordingly. Oh yeah, and Birch for the wood. Gotta save some weight. I would go with 12's, but the 15's don't weigh that much more, and this is an ol' American fo-do that will slammed into the dirt on some wide 3pc 22's we are talkin about here. It needs da bass, anything else would be wrong. Big car shaking cam lope + nice wheels - bass = pointless.

If I got the room to do 2 feef-teens your **** right I am going to do it. The only reason the truck doesn't have two is the fact its a budget daily system, and honestly it is more than enough. So no, no 18 in the SS, I thought it through, the only 18 I'd really give a try is that Maelstrom X from Exodus... Too bad they don't come with the coils I want. CF and Fiberglass panels will offset the added lbs, - da bumpa support. Hopefully I don't get too spoiled by it not having any system 17's with drag radials, and over 400ftlb's TQ before the wet 175hp goodness... and go nuts when the enclosure subs amps and batts go in. My craving for bass out weighs the go fast though.

The Impala SS cars (originally) are supposed supposed to be a mix of luxury (for GM standards), RWD tire burning TQ, speed(for the size and class of its time), and bad assery (always will be a class bad ass g mobile). I am just trying to keep this car up to modern days expectation of luxury and speed. I got the engine up to par now, as far as luxury there is nothing a lil second skin and black Castano leather upholsterin' can't fix. Therefore I will always have a project in this car. It was my dream car as a kid, and became my first car, and will be my last.

I might give this Q to my little sister, in her new (to her) car for her birthday on a decent amp. The sub is efficient as ****, doesn't need near what people (me included) give it, especially for her. The goal is the have her lil stang sitting pretty lowered black on black on black saleen wheels. Already got the bassani exhaust. Embarrass the little high school boys janky ass 2 - 12 (insert mid grade best buy **** here) set ups at her school with a nice lil build. Maybe I could do some frosted style lexan and pop trunk that says "I have the coolest big brother ever, biatch". //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

/epic post

I hear ya man. I guess it all depends where you're at. I had 5% on my first car. With my Mustang I settled for 20%. Nice combo of darkness and visibility, esp at night because I can actually see out. And being lowered with a black/dark charcoal interior, you can't really see anything anyway. And I can see how the front seats would block the sub. Nice that the carpet matches so well because it would totally just look like you have a shelf back there.

Oh btw, Mustang trunk **** for building boxes in //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif. And have you considered the smoked headlights for your car? Would look good with the darker lights on the black, rather than the all clear. JMO though...still looks awesome. Beautiful condition and the stock wheel painted black look sick!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.