Guidance Please...

Participant count
  • Participant list

jt34237
10+ year member

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I'm in one of those positions were i have to use what I can get my hands on due to being financially strapped. Right now I have a 12 in kicker hooked up to a 4 channel amp in the trunk. Doesn't sound to bad. Enough bass for me. Now I need/want to put some power to coaxials but don't know where to start. Normally I would pay someone to do this but not in a position to do that right now.

I have a 4 channel hifonics amp that should get about 55 rms a channel. I want to hook it up to the DB drives I have in the rear and the alpine type S speakers I have in the front. Not sure if I'm going to keep the rear speakers running but would still like to run the wires like I'm going to. We'll see how loud my front stage is once I get everything powered. The deck I have only has one 2 volt preout. Right now there is only one power wire coming off the battery to the amp in the trunk.

If you need more information just ask.

The deck is VERY basic - pioneer 1100MP

Pioneer DEH-1100MP CD receiver at Crutchfield.com

If you have links that would send me in the right direction that would be fine too. Just understand that I have NEVER done this before. I've never even taken a deck out of a car.

Thanks everyone!

Jason

Since I made this post the plan has changed a bit. I'm going to remove the sub for now. It isn't in the proper enclosure so to hear it i'm having to turn the gain way up which is going to end up damaging the speaker.

Deck - pioneer 1100MP

Front Speakers - Alpine Type-S SPS-500 (Power Range: 2-55 Watts RMS )

Rear Speakers - DB Drive REV 650 (Very Low RMS about 30) Content with just running these off the deck

4 Channel Amp - Titan Hifonics TXi4406

There is only 1 preout with the deck and it's a sub out... at least thats what I've been told...

There is a 1 4 gauage power wire already running to the trunk. What else do I need to get started? I know the speakers I'm working with aren't the greatest but might as well make what I have do the best it can do.

I also have a kicker 4 channel amp - model sx900.4 - this is what is hooked up right now but would be to powerful to run the speakers that I'm using. If I should keep this hooked up just let me know. Thanks.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.