Group 31 AGM for $50?

Was wondering about the battery tray. I can scrounge one up at the junkyard. But didn't know if it would bolt down in the same bolt loc's as the storage compartment or not. Just went and measured....I can fit max 10" length where the stock battery location is, so it fits into the tray still and 7" wide max. On the storage container side, it's a ballpark.
We're all old...Believe it or not, I'm in my early 40's. One look at me me and you'd be like no way...
Ya its funny I get quite the reaction from the kids when we pull up to a lite and they got there kickers kicking and I roll up the volume and never even look over at them ! ha ha !

Ya I watched it, Definate improvement ! And good job sticking with it even though your having some difficulties ! I am in rebuild mode myself right now but I got most of the day off and went out to work on it but its just to hot to enjoy it and its know where near as hot here as there ! I think it was 104 today.
In CA? wowsers...didn't think it got that hot in CA..

Was wondering about the battery tray. I can scrounge one up at the junkyard. But didn't know if it would bolt down in the same bolt loc's as the storage compartment or not. Just went and measured....I can fit max 10" length where the stock battery location is, so it fits into the tray still and 7" wide max. On the storage container side, it's a ballpark.
We're all old...Believe it or not, I'm in my early 40's. One look at me me and you'd be like no way...
Pretty sure you could make a stock tray fit that side easily, I just happened to see it on line and ordered one. I would try to make it fit a gp 31 battery if you can ? almost twice the ah as gp78 55 ah and gp31s are around 110 ah.

Ya I watched it, Definate improvement ! And good job sticking with it even though your having some difficulties ! I am in rebuild mode myself right now but I got most of the day off and went out to work on it but its just to hot to enjoy it and its know where near as hot here as there ! I think it was 104 today.
AHHHH... California... it's right at the start of the monsoon here... rain chances tonight here in the valley and lightning off to the south last night... it is currently 115+ with just enough humidity to make it hard to breathe outside... God bless A/C... it's a cool 82 here in the house... I worked outdoors in this sh*it for almost 20 years...

The battery in it's new home... snug as a bug... LOL!

62DlIrc.jpg

yWty1hY.jpg

The hold down is NOT finished... it still needs some tightening as my strength is not up to par... I can just get my drill in there, so I'll finish it tomorrow... I can't get over the 4 ohm to 1 ohm difference that I showed in the video in post 72...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.