• Thread starter Unregistered
  • Start date
  • Replies 1
  • Views 657
    Participant count
  • Participant list
U

Unregistered

Why does PPI tell people to run the ground wire from the amp to the battery? Every single person I have talked to has told me to ground it to a bare metal part of the chasis close to the amplifier? If this is correct, why does Precision Power specifically tell people in their instruction books to NOT do this and go ahead and ground the amp to the battery? Do they want people to tear up their amps?

here's the deal...

while PPI has some phenominal products, they also have a few Airheads working for them that suggest things like this-and even print them. Obviously the people telling you to run your ground strait to the battery have NO experience or knowledge of a basic cars electrical system.

A standard car uses a 12 volt charging system, with a Common ground-I.E. the chasis- or whatever is metal in simpler terms.

With that taken into consideration- a ground at the rear of the car would be no different than grounding it right at the battery.

Obviously a few people at PPI need to review thier Basic Car Electronics and research the information ASE provides also. Running an amps ground to the battery can induce quite a bit of noise and electrical disturbance- as well as a great fire hazard- due to the length of wire required to reach the battery.

Point is, the information PPI states is inaccurate. Ground the amp in typical fashion-to the cars chasis.

Take it easy,

-zane

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.