grounding multiple things

Participant count
  • Participant list
Originally posted by magmaGT alrite heres what prob, i got 2 one farad caps.... and an earthquake D2, now should i ground everything to the same spot, or 3 different spots or what?
One good spot, with the ground cables as short as possible. multi spots might cause ground loops, introducing unwanted sound into your system. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

well, it seems like you dont have too much to ground. layering one wire on top of anoter will give you a hard time.. get a distrobution block with one 4ga input and 3 8ga outputs. but just like paikiah said, make the wires as short as possible

Originally posted by My'97Ram well, it seems like you dont have too much to ground. layering one wire on top of anoter will give you a hard time.. get a distrobution block with one 4ga input and 3 8ga outputs. but just like paikiah said, make the wires as short as possible

I think an earthquake D2 would have at least a 2gauge power wire from the batt. Just make sure all your ground wires match your power wires.

If batt to fuseblock is 0/1gauge, then 0/1 gauge from ground block to chassis.

If fuseblock to amp is 4gauge, then 4 gauge from amp to ground block. A ground block will certainly make life easier if you have a few equipments to ground.

ummmm, 4ga from the battery? thats pushin it because the amp will need at least 4 ga. thats why paikiah said at least 0/1 ga wire.... then you'll have 3 or 4 4ga outputs

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.