Grounding issue? New RCAs?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Savackz

CarAudio.com Elite
GA
Alright, so I hooked up a new speaker to my car and a new Skar LP80.4. When I turned it on, a bunch of stuff happened at once (later I found that the speaker was apparently a lot deeper than I anticipated) and it grounded out. Since that, every single RCA from both the amp and my sub amplifier makes a bad humming noise and the subwoofer makes a loud popping noise when turning off and just a bunch of idiosyncrasies. Does anyone have suggestions? I am trying a new set of RCAs tomorrow, but the only other thing I could think is grounds which I will have to redo them all another day.

Yup...could have possibly ruined your amp.

Go thru and recheck connections.

How do you know you have/had a bad ground to begin with?

This is why it's so important to do everything right the 1st time....no matter how long it takes. It will prevent things like this.

Oh and what do you mean the speaker was deeper than anticipated?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.