Head unit SUB settings for 2 speakers system ?

Participant count
  • Participant list

delmanicomio

Turkey
hi,

i have 2 cadence xs552 speakers on doors only.

my head unit is sony cdx series.

there is a setting which confuses me named "SET SUB", i dont have any subs in my car.

i can disable HPF in other menu but no luck for LPF.

60-80-100-120

which SUB setting and slope should i set my weak system ?

i disabled HPF, if i make it about 80, no bass all treble. it sounds like notebook speaker.

disabling HPF damages my speakers ?

EQ flat

maybe its silly question but i dont have not much info about car audio.

don't worry about the sub settings as they only apply to an external amp connected to the sub output RCA's on the head unit. since you aren't using those outputs, changing the sub settings does nothing.

just leave the HPF off since you don't have a sub. adjust the EQ to your personal tastes. if you start to hear popping or distortion with bass-heavy music, you can use EQ to attenuate below 60Hz (if possible).

don't worry about the sub settings as they only apply to an external amp connected to the sub output RCA's on the head unit. since you aren't using those outputs, changing the sub settings does nothing.
just leave the HPF off since you don't have a sub. adjust the EQ to your personal tastes. if you start to hear popping or distortion with bass-heavy music, you can use EQ to attenuate below 60Hz (if possible).

thank you so much for your clear answer.

i understand now.

my head unit is sony CDX-520U

which has 7 band EQ

BAND1: 63 Hz

BAND2: 160 Hz

BAND3: 400 Hz

BAND4: 1 kHz

BAND5: 2.5 kHz

BAND6: 6.3 kHz

BAND7: 16.0 kHz

i set for flat, for i have to volume up for some "boof" in speakers.

if i set for x-plod which sony default bass booster setting, at high volume i can hear distortion.

if flat is zero, please can you help me about good balance between low and high volume.

EQ is set by ear or with tools such as an RTA (real time analyzer). you can download smartphone apps which act as an RTA and buy a mic for the phone which is more accurate than the phone's internal amp.

Dayton Audio iMM-6 Calibrated Measurement Microphone for Tablets iPhone iPad and Android

Apps include Audio Tool or Audio Tools. The amp will have a small cost. Free apps aren't useful because they won't properly use the mic.

use the mic and RTA software to view the frequency response of the system. play pink noise tracks - downloadable or buy a good testing CD such as Autosound 2000 Disc 102.

Navone Engineering Inc. » CD-102 AUTOSOUND 2000 Test Software

or just use your ears and adjust until instruments sound natural. use music with brass, strings, percussion, etc. without electronic manipulation and they should sound natural.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.