12" SP4 finally arrived

valleyrider

Finally received my 12" SP4 subwoofer! Just now getting into car audio and after some research this is the sub I ended up deciding to go along with my SQ2200 amp. Being new to car audio I have nothing to compare it to but it feels and looks like a very solid well built subwoofer. I'm excited to hear how it sounds as it loosens up once broken in a bit. I have it in a 2.75 cu box tuned roughly to 31 hz and it sounds pretty good right now based solely on what I think I'm expecting it to sound like.

93DBAD49-B7CF-4847-AA87-ADC56C19D2A9_zpspamouijg.jpg

5ED3C329-99AC-46C8-B6A1-C6A5C59B191E_zpssburvjdq.jpg

D253319F-EA3D-4F5C-B0E2-2A2DE55822D0_zpsdafa7wd1.jpg

164B8F90-912B-44CB-89CD-CB46522E5B99_zpsbqmxiuxg.jpg

Good looking woofer. I have a 12" BL and am happy with it.

Wait till you have proper electricals and put a 5k on that. They'll wake up. You also dont have to go easy on that with the power just go all out with max clean power as you can.
What about a BL?

They just started making these.
That is a main part of the reason I went with this sub instead of an SSA or other nicer sub. Top contenders I considered were a zcon, an xcon, a mayhem, a Zv4, or a Fi Q when finalizing my purchase choices. Ended up wanting the new SP4 sub even though it will be less efficient than a 3" voice coil on the power I'm running to it currently.

The way I see it is I would rather have a sub that can handle whatever I throw at it while learning the proper ins and outs of car stereo without ruining the woofer and having to recone it. The 4" voice coil gives me room to make mistakes and not destroy an expensive speaker.

Wait till you have proper electricals and put a 5k on that. They'll wake up. You also dont have to go easy on that with the power just go all out with max clean power as you can.
Eventually once I get used to the setup I'm sure I'll desire more output and at that point I'll upgrade the amp and run more power to it or look to get into 2 more efficient subs that'll put out more.

First addition is going to be an additional battery in the trunk to better power the amp.

i like all the FI subs but im not impressed with the specs of the SP4. not knocking the SP4. id imagine its ****** but id get the team before id get the SP.edit I see the drivers have been updated. lowend monster. not alot of motor strength but id image its a pretty sweet daily driver. im sure it sound a good deal better than the team for most low tuned apps..

I just recently had to check out their revamped web page to discover most options I paid for now can come at no extra cost... And their far more affordable... I will continue to be a fi customer. Just contacted them asking if it would be possible to get a 10" sp4 lol would be insane

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ive wanted a fi sub for a while, they had a sale orsomething when the site went up, really tempted to pick up a team 15 or ssa evil 15

I just recently had to check out their revamped web page to discover most options I paid for now can come at no extra cost... And their far more affordable... I will continue to be a fi customer. Just contacted them asking if it would be possible to get a 10" sp4 lol would be insane

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You'll get a no because of cone geonety and spider size on a 10" basket

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.