Great stuff as a sound deadner????

What exactly are you trying to accomplish ?

Great stuff is typically just used to fill in nooks and crannys that you otherwise wouldn't be able to deaden...it's not used as your primary deadening agent.

Just something to go inside the door to quiet it down, with ouy breaking the bank.
I remember reading in a computer magazine (maximum PC, I think), they did a report on sound deadening within the pc. Well anyways they said that rice cakes (non-sugar plain jane ones) produced good results when they used double sided tape to stick it to the case walls. If your looking for a cheap way to deaden your vehicle, this idea might work. If you ever get hungry you could always run to your trunk and grab a rice cake.

i know a guy who competes in meca, he asked me if using great stuff was a good idea right....in which i replied "yeah its ok for filling places you cant reach, like in your SUV hatch door"..... so I get a call the next day and he cant open up his back door cause he filled the entire door full of foam - including the lock mechanism. I lol'ed //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Minimal expanding foam is ok in the crumple zone braces or in the pillars where you can not reach with mats or sprays.

But be careful. it is very easy for that stuff to get out of hand.

I would never use it as a stand alone sound deadener though.

Look in to a gallon of liquid damping. Usualy about $50-60 per gallon and one gallon will dampen 2 doors decently.

Hope that helps

ANT

http://www.secondskinaudio.com

as others have said, use mat if u can. and foam in hard to reach places

i put great stuff foam in my trunk lid and it stunk up my car for days.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.