Got to get a LOC, really need some suggestions/help

alec14
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Alpena, MI
I've got to do an install, where my friend doesn't wanna change the headunit. Line out converter seems to be the best option, but I'm slightly lost when it comes to them. I'm hoping to understand them completely, and figure out some tips on them. What are the best brands/bang for my buck? Kinda on a tight budget, so what would be the best for around $20? Any help/opinions would be great!

(Heck, if ya got a cheap, good one for sale, lemme know. lol)

what make an model is the car?

does it have a bose/infinity/kicker package?

most of the time you are going to want to tap into the signal before any processing.

what make an model is the car?does it have a bose/infinity/kicker package?

most of the time you are going to want to tap into the signal before any processing.
it's a 2001 Pontiac Aztek, 6-speaker system, no onstar. Pretty sure no big factory packages either.

I know its out of budget but some of Audio ontrols EQs and Xovers also are LOC's then you get two units in one that will help system sound better as well.

Casche line out converter+ line driver. My favorite its a line out and then boost the voltage on the RCA's only 44 dollars.Cache Line-Out Converters | Car Amplifier Installation & Accessories | Car Audio/Video Installation & Accessories | Car Audio, Video & GPS at Sonic Electronix
i'll have to check those out. are they easy to use/install?

---------- Post added at 06:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:35 AM ----------

You get what you pay for get a quality line driver for the cleanest output
I know this, but some cheap ones blow other cheap ones outta the water. Mainly depends on company

You dunn need no fancy line driver. And cheap LOC's sometimes give turn off thump. I use one from David Navone, which also includes a remote output:
N-RHL2 - BEST LOC IN THE WORLD!! - $24.95 : Zen Cart!, The Art of E-commerce
Is this one nice? and what's turn off thump? Getting a fancy line driver is a little outta the budget anyways, so it's nice to hear I wouldn't have to get one.

---------- Post added at 06:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:37 AM ----------

I know its out of budget but some of Audio ontrols EQs and Xovers also are LOC's then you get two units in one that will help system sound better as well.
I'd definitely be looking into an Audiocontrol, if I had the budget. lol

Is this one nice? and what's turn off thump? Getting a fancy line driver is a little outta the budget anyways, so it's nice to hear I wouldn't have to get one. 

---------- Post added at 06:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:37 AM ----------

I once used a LOC (audio control lc6i) and I had turn off thump. I messed with the grounds and what not for a couple hours, then said **** it and bought a new HU.

And by no means is the lc6i a cheep LOC.

im using a scoshe LOC i got from splaudio on here. works fine, no turn off thump.
Matt
how much did it cost?

---------- Post added at 09:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 AM ----------

I once used a LOC (audio control lc6i) and I had turn off thump. I messed with the grounds and what not for a couple hours, then said **** it and bought a new HU.
And by no means is the lc6i a cheep LOC.
No, those ones have a pretty price tag. I imagine with most you have turn off thump, but oh well. I don't think it hurts anything, right?

hit up ebay or CL I helped a buddy of mine with a mini out and gave him my LC6i

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

alec14

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
alec14
Alpena, MI
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date