Got myself a new car for my Bday today! Can you help me install sub/amp wiring today?

MasonSS
10+ year member

Whats up guys. Today is my Bday I finally got a new car! Can you guys help me install this? I'm about to install my sub and amp (recommended by you all) on my new car. I'll be taking it out of my old Hyundai and moving it to the new car. I'm really not sure what wires are what at this point, newbie I know.

Amp: AudioQ 1200 (bought 4 years ago)

Sub: Mach5 12' sub (bought 4 years ago)

New car: 2008 Cadillac CTS4

So here's a pic of the sub/amp currently installed in the Hyundai. More detailed pics available if needed

dKzIw76.jpg

Here are pics of the current Cadillac I want to move it to. The guy before me had a sub, so the wires are already installed, he just removed his sub and amp. He did however leave a capacitor for me which I never had before. I think this may be where the extra cables are coming from

jpEqTac.jpg

Pic without my comments:

un2Mo47.jpg

My questions: Basically where does this all go

Cables A: I'm pretty sure these are the primary power cables right? Why are they small though? It looks like some 0 gauge wires are going into the capacitor, but they connect to it then disappear (see cables F in the pic) so I have no idea why these are smaller. Where do these plug into and any issues here?

Cables B: I have no idea what this single skinny wire is. One idea, he does have this 'volume control' thing attached to the drivers side panel so you can control the strength of the sub. Maybe this is that? It just disappears into the car. Closer pic here: imgur: the simple image sharer

Cables C: These are obviously the audio cables that plug into the amp. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Cables D: I have no idea what the hell these are. Two more skinny wires, and next to them is a phone cord? (See cables E for phone cord and closer pic) what could these two wires do? I can't tell where they come from. For a closer view click this: imgur: the simple image sharer

Cables E: A phone cord? As mentioned above, no idea what this is for. Here's a closer pic: imgur: the simple image sharer

Cables F: These are the thickest wires, assuming 0 gauge and assuming they connect to the battery in the rear. Although it's a little weird, as you can see in the pic they appear from part of the car, connect, and then disappear into another part. In my current setup these go straight from the battery to the amp.

So if somebody can help me install this it would mean a ton. A lot of effort went into this thread. Thanks!

Id just rewire it all and remove that capacitor...
As for the wires you need to look up what brand capacitor that is and see the wire diagram.
I'm so low on time (and knowledge) I don't have time to learn it or reinstall it. There shouldn't be a reason to either, there are only a few cables, can't be that complicated.

I'm so low on time (and knowledge) I don't have time to learn it or reinstall it. There shouldn't be a reason to either, there are only a few cables, can't be that complicated.
Alright well that is an older Stinger CAP5M capacitor supposedly made for 5000 watts.

Like i said i suggest removing, but if you insist on keeping it then this is the best i can help with since i do not use capacitors.

Ditch the cap! NEVER assume what is what.You need to pull out a multimeter and start testing. F is clearly the power (look at the top of the cap to see + and -). C is rca cables from the hu. A is speaker wire. F is the remote bass boost. D is the remote turn on for the amp (one of them, again start testing). B....????

For some. Sounds like you either need to take the time to do some reading or head to a shop.
It's like 4 plugs that I'm usure of. You really don't think with all my pictures somebody can just say "this goes here, that goes there" and be done with it? I already know where 4 of them go, there are only a few others I don't know about.

Alright well that is an older Stinger CAP5M capacitor supposedly made for 5000 watts.
Like i said i suggest removing, but if you insist on keeping it then this is the best i can help with since i do not use capacitors.
Ok I'll ditch the cap. I just felt like although people say it's mostly useless maybe it provided some small amount of safety

Ditch the cap! NEVER assume what is what.You need to pull out a multimeter and start testing. F is clearly the power. C is rca cables from the hu. A is speaker wire. F is the remote bass boost. D is the remote turn on for the amp (one of them, again start testing). B....????
Ok I'll ditch it. So If I just unplug everything, do I then install those thick 0 gauge wires into the amp like my current system in the old Hyundai? Which ones, any idea? They come from two different directions.

You also said F is the remote bass boost, maybe you meant B?

Dunno wtf B is... You have power going TO the cap from the batt and power then going TO the amp.
Well, there's no amp in the car right now. I guess I'm confused where the wires go to and from the cap. Like the thick 0 gauge wires go from the battery to the cap that makes sense, why do they lead away back somewhere into the car though? lol

I figured they would just be laying there on one end to plug into the amp

Dunno wtf B is... You have power going TO the cap from the batt and power then going TO the amp.
Well the picture is confusing to me. I get that the thick 0 gauge wires would go from the battery to the CAP, but then where do they go? From there it should go to the amp but there is no amp in the car and the wires disappear into the car. Shouldn't they just be laying there ready to plug into the amp? I would think

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

MasonSS

10+ year member
MasonSS
Washington
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from