got my first sundown sub wow

hogfanallday
10+ year member

arkansas
hey guys well so far the subs i've had are kicker cvr, then i got a boss phantom, they werent loud enough for my taste so i got one the new 2012 type rs it sounded decent bass was kinda dirty though.. i just got my sundown sa 12 in yesterday and holy cow this thing sounds amazing.... only giving it about 600-650 watts right now and it sounds much cleaner, deeper, and louder than the new 2012 type r. and i was giving that 900w! if ur hesitating getting a sundown sub man i say do it they are the best sub i've owned yet.

Lol it isn't a terrible amp. It does decent power. According to most of the forum members here, they can take around 1000 "easily" soo I would say 1000 would be pretty safe.

If you are sending it clean power it will handle 1000-1200 daily but keep an eye on how hot it gets. But I agree they are very good subs for sure.

here's a pic aint she a beaut

zxktmt.jpg

if you made a custom box that fit your trunk a little better, had the correct port area and was built solid you would like it even more.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

hogfanallday

10+ year member
hogfanallday
arkansas
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from