found a box for my fullsize ext cab -- now what subs?

Participant count
  • Participant list

crashprime
10+ year member

Ok, so I am going for a vehicle pre-fab box under the back seat of my 1994 Full Size Chevy Extended Cab.

All boxes for this application have similar specifications. The one I am looking at:

Mounting Depth 6.25

Airspace Per Sub (Cu. ft.) 0.9

I am open to ideas on what subs are going to perform well with only 6.25" of mounting depth and only .90 cu ft. per chamber.

I am not looking for super high end, as it is a '94 pickup for goodness sake. $50-100 per woofer, maybe $200-$400 for an amp is my budget range.

I was thinking HiFonics HFX12D4 12" x 2 and an AudioPipe AP-15001D (dual 4ohm voice coils, so it'd be 600w RMS with room for improvement later by wiring to lower impedence), but I was looking at the minimum sealed volume for that woofer and it's dang near twice what I have available at 1.25cu ... so that's kinda outta the question.

I'm stuck as to what sort of options are out there for me within my budget. Any help is appreciated!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.