Got a quote on my door speakers

sleazebagger
10+ year member

nobody!!!
Madison, WI
Went to the local car audio in madison(radio doctor) and got a price on installing 4 x 6.5's in my front doors. 2 on each side.

I proposed that I drop the panels off to them and have them go with the cheapest route.

The installer told me it was going to take 15 hours per door x 2 x 65.00 per hour.

1,950.00 to instal 4 x 6.5's WTF!!!

Am I wrong or does this seem right?

And does anyone want to have doors shipped to them to do this instal... lol

That sounds totally out of text. Although 15hrs for both probably is'nt out of the question, takes time to design and fabricate. Would be best in my opinion to do the install with vehicle to determine clearance's.

That sounds totally out of text. Although 15hrs for both probably is'nt out of the question, takes time to design and fabricate. Would be best in my opinion to do the install with vehicle to determine clearance's.
Thats what they said 14-15 hours per door. I am not confused. We sat and taked about the price for about 5 minutes

Thats what they said 14-15 hours per door. I am not confused. We sat and taked about the price for about 5 minutes
Work time is about right IMO. Price is also REDIC IMO. Try Jeremey Weber in Sheboygan(Sound Mechanix) I've HEARD his prices were decent.

I did'nt mean to imply that your statement was inaccurate, I was guessing that 15hrs for both would be more accurate of a quote, but I have no idea what your vehicle will require for the install.

that seems really high, the 15 hours seems about right though, but i got quoted for 1 8 and 2 6.5s and 1 5.25 for 600 and they would wire, basically just drop my car off, at rockin ronnys in mankato minnasota

that seems really high, the 15 hours seems about right though, but i got quoted for 1 8 and 2 6.5s and 1 5.25 for 600 and they would wire, basically just drop my car off, at rockin ronnys in mankato minnasota
Minnasota... wtf

+1 on Jeremy Weber, he's the man

What kind of finish? we recently had a set of doors vinyl wrapped by the local shop $200 each door, all the pod work was already done and the guy is a friend of ours. 2k is high but not out of the question.

We have done a few and finished them with Carpet They look good, have a set in my olds.

---------- Post added at 11:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 PM ----------

What kind of finish? we recently had a set of doors vinyl wrapped by the local shop $200 each door, all the pod work was already done and the guy is a friend of ours. 2k is high but not out of the question.

We have done a few and finished them with Carpet They look good, have a set in my olds.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

sleazebagger

10+ year member
nobody!!!
sleazebagger
Madison, WI
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date