got a cvr and don't know if its powerful and strong

I've seen an american bass amp for sale here where I live....its going for less then $100 bucks.....I just don't knw much about american bass etc.....its rated at 600w I think...I don't knw the model number etc cos I ddnt really think its a name brand lol....but what are thoughts on american bass amps?

I ran my CVRs 250 watts over RMS clipped to hell and they never got damaged.

Sit in my car and tell me how crappy my kickers sound. Just cause your friends kickers sounded like crap doesn't mean they all will. Were they in proper enclosures?
some were prefab, some were proper enclosures. better subs can be found for the money. i'd rather run an Alpine Type-E than any of the Kickers of equal caliber.

honestly kicker is not to bad i guess. My wifey loves her Kicker L7 15. and her dont put up bad SPL numbers IMO for the setup itself, i could up grade a couple things and probly gain her some DB's but she doesnt compete. But on the meter she can pulls 143+db... so all in all, not that bad

In my opinion these subs are some of the best for the price. I do believe they can go more than 400 watts rms. These shake everything in my truck and the rear view mirror is almost falling off. But when you tweak the bass in the head unit, it can give you some quality sound. I use mine sometimes just for me with quality low bass. And other days I have bass full blast dowm the street turning heads. Very strong buit sub as well

In my opinion these subs are some of the best for the price. I do believe they can go more than 400 watts rms. These shake everything in my truck and the rear view mirror is almost falling off. But when you tweak the bass in the head unit, it can give you some quality sound. I use mine sometimes just for me with quality low bass. And other days I have bass full blast dowm the street turning heads. Very strong buit sub as well
i disagree with every bit of this post. they WILL NOT do over 400 RMS, and the 400 it is rated is already pushing it as it is. and there's a difference between bass that sounds good and bass that just rattles everything. i would never say that the CVR "can give you quality sound" because quite frankly, it won't. for a bit more money there are 400 RMS drivers that will outperform the CVR with no problem. a lot of people say that SQ is based off of the enclosure (which is correct), but at the same time you need to have a good sub to go with it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

faeezhio

faeezhio
cape town, SA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
BoomBoxStereo