Sundown Audio SA-8 V2 D4 vs. digital designs DD1508 subs

bigbrother54
10+ year member

Good Morning. I am installing a small subwoofer in my trunk and was wondering if someone out there could please give me some sound advice on which one to use. I am considering either the sundown audio sa-8 V2 D4 or the Digital Designs DD1508 D4. I have heard alot of very nice things about both of them. also would it be better to do the D4's or the D2's and they will be powered off of the Sundown Audio SAZ1200D.1 amp. any input would be greatly appreciated and thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are getting two, d4 so you can use that amp at 1 ohm. All the subs that were mentioned are great, what it really boils to is your budget. I don't think you could go wrong with either one.

For those of you who wanted to comment negatively on the DD1508 subs I just had (2) of them installed in my trunk and they absolutely pound. It is amazing what they are doing and they aren't even broke in yet.

For those of you who wanted to comment negatively on the DD1508 subs I just had (2) of them installed in my trunk and they absolutely pound. It is amazing what they are doing and they aren't even broke in yet.
Reply negatively? Wtf? only two people besides your self said anything to your post and they didn't say anything bad about DD subs

Macsdad said it was a great sub. You won't see to many people downing digital designs. DD makes good subs

I'm not saying that they were commenting negatively in this forum. I have had alot of people really put the DD subs down in total favor of the Sundown 8's and I just don't see it. You go into just about any forum and you will find alot of the Sundown sa-8's listed for sale but very few DD 1508's. I am sorry if it came across negatively in this thread not intended at all. These DD 1508's pound and they sound great.

Nps I guess I took it the wrong way:emb:

I wish I had the room to try either sub. These 8's that are coming out are crazy good compared to what I tried out 10+ years ago

You should post how they do when you got em broke in

Meant 15+ years ago was last time I tried out 8's

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.