good system?

im putting a system in my truck and was wanting to know if it was a good choice of componets with a budget of about $550. Here's what i'm looking at:

head unit:pioneer DEHX7500S

amp:Crunch P1-1650.4n 200wx4channels 4ohm

door speakers: Four Kicker 40CS684 6"x8" 225w max, RMS: 75w 4ohm

subs: Two Kicker 10C104 Comp 10-Inch Subwoofer 4 Ohm 150w rms 300w max each 4ohm

on most websites they say the amp is 250x4 4 ohm but crunch's website says its 200x4 4 ohm

I planned on wiring the subs to a channel each and having the 6x8s 4 on 2 channels

HELP!!!!

would not do the crunch amp, they are borderline boss audio, a buddy of mines added a crunch amp to his bose system and it was only 10% louder than his head unit volume, very weak and amp with bloated power ratings. Your also going to want to look for continuous RMS power, crunch only lists maximum power which is the rating they see before they explode. Realistically they'd probably put out 30 watts rms and i'm being very generous.

What i would do for your system is to only get your head unit and a good set of compenents for your front speakers, buy this amp Precision Power PPI P900.4 (p9004) 4-Channel Phantom Car Amplifier wire the front speakers to two channels on the amp and use the other two channels for the kicker subs. Let your rear speakers be powered by the head unit, its the least important part of your system really, you can upgrade that anytime later. Focus on your front and subs and never skimp out on the amp.

your also going to need to fit in wiring kit, sub box and rcas in your budget.

head unit head unit:pioneer DEHX7500S $100

sub amp apsm 1500 $125

door speakers: Four Kicker 40CS684 6"x8" 225w max, RMS: 75w 4ohm $140

american bass tnt $135 eash

I don't mind the headunit, the speakers for the subs. The amps gotta go... People are going to bash on the Kicker Comps as well. And while there's better subs out there, I think the Kickers are still great budget subs and can sound great.

I already know what box im getting. what about a Lanzar MNX460 amp? and how over powerd should my speakers and subs be?
What kind of box? If it's pre fabricated, stay away from it (unless it's a sealed box)

You'll get a lot more output from a ported box, but you'll need a properly designed one.

For $550 you can get a decent system with two tens.

Subs:

Audiotechnix Stratos - D2 if you get 2, D4 if you get one - $80 shipped for a 10, can get a 12 or 15 if you have the space - http://www.caraudio.com/forums/audio-technix/576119-audio-technix-blowout-sale.html

Amp:

PPI 900.5 - $229 - this will power the subs and door speakers Precision Power PPI P900.5 (p9005) 5-Channel Phantom Car Amplifier

Head unit:

The one you listed is fine, just make sure you have at least 2 sets of preouts but 3 sets is better.

Speakers:

Incriminator I65 components or coaxials - just get some adapters to fit 6.5s in your 6x8 locations. These are around $100 per set of two

if I had two 6x8 kickers and some cheap 6x8s for the back doors to run to the headunit id pay MAX 200 for the amp. I don't want anything spiecal just a good sounding system that has bass if I truned it up
The amp I linked will power your door speakers and subs both. I think with a properly built ported enclosure, you'd really be surprised with the bass output of a single 12 or even a 10. That would leave you a decent amount of money in your budget for the head unit and speakers (and buying an enclosure/design from a professional)

it would be fine since it doesnt take much to get those subs moving but you can run it at 2 ohms on the 5 channel ppi amp tenacious listed and you'll have 440 rms to play with. Get the D2s and wire it in series. that amp should have more then enough power to cover future speaker upgrades if you ever want any. hell maybe in the future you might get a dedicated sub amp and use that additional sub channel on the ppi to power some midbass speakers too.

those comp speakers are garbage so much better can be had for the price //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.