Good reliable amplifier

Newer Version Built amps for me that have been Great.. Exacution Audio 60.4, American Bass VFL Hybrid 26801, 1504,and the 4480.1 First Generation Series

Ive had the Best results with Alpine. My Duo-B 35Japan Series are and have been pretty much BulletProof!! A few Zed made Amplifiers as well.. Autotek BTS Series, White Mean Machines,and HiFonics VII Series. Older JBL GTS Series and GTQ, Kicker ZR Series. More than 20+ years of serving and still going strong without any repairs yet.

Those Kicker ZR amps were true beasts and reliable.

I do not want to give any brand a bad name but I have had a couple of amplifiers from well known companies go bad

One brand the sub amp and the 4 channel amp went bad.

The other brand the sub amp is working but the 4 channel just kicked out.

To me it is not worth the trouble to ship them back, paying repair cost etc.

I know I have hooked them up correct. I am not over driving, or clipping. Also not getting any voltage drop. So I feel I am good to go on the install.

What brands are good to go. What are you getting 3-5 years or more reliable performance.
I ran Linear power amps back in the 90’s. They got a little hot but never let me down. I would not pay the cost they are today.

Rockford Fosgate, are they worth the cost On the punch and power series?

audio legion is having a big sale. I know they are going out of business, so no support. But at the cost are they good to go?

Sony Xm series, they seem to be well built, but has anyone used them?

Alpine R series. Anyone have any experience with them.

What brand and models would you go with? Looking for a 4x100 and a mono amp in the 1500-2000 watt range

budget per amp 600 or less each.
If there are reliable amps below the 400 range per amp cost I am open to all options.
I feel like I am through with the low cost cookie cutter budget Chinese amplifiers.
Just curious, OP, have you decided on an amp, or amps? Would like to know what you decided on. Or, do you have more questions?

I am going to try the Sony XM GS series. The build quality and reviews I have seen they seem to be good quality for the price.

I wish they had a little more power but I am going to be running a basic system in a Toyota tundra

jvc z1000 head unit
massive ct2 tweeters in the sail panels
Sb acoustics sb17 six inch woofers in the doors
Two rockford fosgate p2 eights behind the rear seat.
Sony xm-gs4
Sony Xm-gs100

I hope to get the sound I want with equipment listed above.

I have a Dayton DSP-408 also if I want to try adding a 3rd amp with a little more power to run a 3 way setup by adding some small mid range speakers in the factory dash locations.

Not looking to blow the doors off the truck. Just upgrading the crap factory radio.

I am open to suggestions on using Different tweeters and mids if there is a much better solution for the money

Those Sony XM GS series 4 channels actually do more then rated if you check out the youtube videos on them. IIRC at 1khz they were hitting 85 watts x4 and at 2 ohm iirc they were 100 watts x4. People that I have seen on DIYMA and one of my friends in Illinois with the 4 channel & loves it. Sound Quality from the 4 channels have been really good from it the one time I heard it for a few minutes last year. He was using Sony Speakers so not sure how they would compare to the SB Acoustics but for the price you can't beat that one or the Pioneer GM-8604 or the GM-8704 which are also around 200 dollars for the 4 channel. I have the GM-8604 and rock solid so far the first 6-7 months of using it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...