Good reliable amplifier

Jimg

CarAudio.com Regular
I do not want to give any brand a bad name but I have had a couple of amplifiers from well known companies go bad

One brand the sub amp and the 4 channel amp went bad.

The other brand the sub amp is working but the 4 channel just kicked out.

To me it is not worth the trouble to ship them back, paying repair cost etc.

I know I have hooked them up correct. I am not over driving, or clipping. Also not getting any voltage drop. So I feel I am good to go on the install.

What brands are good to go. What are you getting 3-5 years or more reliable performance.
I ran Linear power amps back in the 90’s. They got a little hot but never let me down. I would not pay the cost they are today.

Rockford Fosgate, are they worth the cost On the punch and power series?

audio legion is having a big sale. I know they are going out of business, so no support. But at the cost are they good to go?

Sony Xm series, they seem to be well built, but has anyone used them?

Alpine R series. Anyone have any experience with them.

What brand and models would you go with? Looking for a 4x100 and a mono amp in the 1500-2000 watt range

budget per amp 600 or less each.
If there are reliable amps below the 400 range per amp cost I am open to all options.
I feel like I am through with the low cost cookie cutter budget Chinese amplifiers.

Of the amp manufacturers you listed, I have only used Alpine, but not the R series. But, I don’t think you can go wrong with choosing it. Personally, I’m using a US Acoustics Lanna 6-channel amp and have been thrilled with it. Lots of power with lots of headroom. It’s a big AB amp but has not gotten very hot, not even after a 5 1/2 hour drive playing music fairly loud.
I am not recommending the Lanna to you, but to check out US Acoustics. Their Barbara Ann 4-channel amp will fit your needs and so would their Mike mono amp ( it’s spec’d out at 1500 watts, but only at 1 ohm). Their Nick mono amp will give you 2500 watts at 1ohm.

One nice thing with those amps is that they give you a 2-year warranty.

I have a skar v1 1500.1 i just took out that was pushing a xcon 10 for couple of years.i went with a crescendo s1v2 because its more stock alt friendly.not once have i ever had a problem with it running a 1 ohm load.its for sale if interested.dont care if it sells or not.

I do not want to give any brand a bad name but I have had a couple of amplifiers from well known companies go bad

One brand the sub amp and the 4 channel amp went bad.

The other brand the sub amp is working but the 4 channel just kicked out.

To me it is not worth the trouble to ship them back, paying repair cost etc.

I know I have hooked them up correct. I am not over driving, or clipping. Also not getting any voltage drop. So I feel I am good to go on the install.

What brands are good to go. What are you getting 3-5 years or more reliable performance.
I ran Linear power amps back in the 90’s. They got a little hot but never let me down. I would not pay the cost they are today.

Rockford Fosgate, are they worth the cost On the punch and power series?

audio legion is having a big sale. I know they are going out of business, so no support. But at the cost are they good to go?

Sony Xm series, they seem to be well built, but has anyone used them?

Alpine R series. Anyone have any experience with them.

What brand and models would you go with? Looking for a 4x100 and a mono amp in the 1500-2000 watt range

budget per amp 600 or less each.
If there are reliable amps below the 400 range per amp cost I am open to all options.
I feel like I am through with the low cost cookie cutter budget Chinese amplifiers.
By asking for a 3-5 year review, you'll be stuck with an outdated product.

I've never had a problem with any Alpine, Rockford Fosgate, or Kicker amps after 3-5 years.

Let me add: amps I've personally used over 3 years without issue are Alpine PDX 1kw, Kicker ZX1500.1, RF t500.2, Alpine PDR-M65. Still running the PDR-M65 in my Bronco.
Look at the Crescendo S4 for the four channel. And the CT Sounds 2000.1 for the mono amp. You can also look at the Sundown SIA1750.
You've personally owned all those amps over 3-5 years?

I'm running a Sony XM-2100G from 1996 it has never been serviced and still works and sounds perfect though I haven't owned it this whole time.. I've actually got 2 and both work flawless

I've got a Zapco st1650xm II I've been running for 6 years now with zero issue..

The only amp I've had that just quit working for no reason was a Precision Power BK1300.1d

Let me add: amps I've personally used over 3 years without issue are Alpine PDX 1kw, Kicker ZX1500.1, RF t500.2, Alpine PDR-M65. Still running the PDR-M65 in my Bronco.

You've personally owned all those amps over 3-5 years?

My SIA about two years. And I've heard people talking about their CT amps for a while now. Do you want receipts? My DD M80 was also very reliable. My SFB amps not so much. My Lightning Audio mono amp and my American Bass 4 channel were also very reliable. My daughter's 4 channel MB Quart amp also worked perfectly. My Nakamichi PA-400m was a great and reliable amp. My Rockford Fosgate Punch 150hd was a great mids/highs amp. My CT Sounds 160.4 was another good mids/highs amp. My Crescendo S4 is probably the best mids/highs amp for the money these days.

My SIA about two years. And I've heard people talking about their CT amps for a while now. Do you want receipts? My DD M80 was also very reliable. My SFB amps not so much. My Lightning Audio mono amp and my American Bass 4 channel were also very reliable. My daughter's 4 channel MB Quart amp also worked perfectly. My Nakamichi PA-400m was a great and reliable amp. My Rockford Fosgate Punch 150hd was a great mids/highs amp. My CT Sounds 160.4 was another good mids/highs amp. My Crescendo S4 is probably the best mids/highs amp for the money these days.
Most of your recommendation posts are products you've never used.

Most of your recommendation posts are products you've never used.

Have you seen my build logs? Videos? Competition scores? Different vehicles? Wtf are you talking about? How do you know what I've ran over the years? Are you stalking me kid? I've probably run more brands then you can even name. Keep trolling kid.

Have you seen my build logs? Videos? Competition scores? Different vehicles? Wtf are you talking about? How do you know what I've ran over the years? Are you stalking me kid? I've probably run more brands then you can even name. Keep trolling kid.
I guess it's back to ignoring you since any inkling of criticism hurts your feelings and gets a dislike. Triggered Man strikes again. Take care.

I guess it's back to ignoring you since any inkling of criticism hurts your feelings and gets a dislike. Triggered Man strikes again. Take care.

How do you know what I've ran and not run? That's why I have you the dislike. You were assuming something that you have no clue about. My feelings are far from hurt. You came at me kid. I simply replied to you.

Ive had the Best results with Alpine. My Duo-B 35Japan Series are and have been pretty much BulletProof!! A few Zed made Amplifiers as well.. Autotek BTS Series, White Mean Machines,and HiFonics VII Series. Older JBL GTS Series and GTQ, Kicker ZR Series. More than 20+ years of serving and still going strong without any repairs yet.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...