Alpine KTP-445A

Schwabej

CarAudio.com Newbie
So I have a 05 Subaru Legacy GT, and an Alpine iLX-207 hu. I’ve just replaced all the speakers with Harman Kardon components from an 09 Outback. I’m pretty sure these are 2 ohm speakers.
Anyways, I got the Alpine Power Pack KTP-445A. I got the power pack because it’s 2 ohm stable..
It wouldn’t power up with just the inline connector. So, I got some wiring to connect it directly to the battery. The guy at autozone convinced me to get 14 gauge wire. I kept the factory ground.
Now, it powered on, and worked for a while. Then it started cutting out. The HU would completely shut off and turn on randomly.
Now, my questions are, should I run a 12 gauge power AND separate ground? But since I’m splicing into the iLX-207’s wiring harness, is that ok? I guess as a noob I would think it’s only as good as the gauge wire I’m connecting it to.
The Power Pack’s wiring goes like this: HU wiring harness> PP wiring harness> Amp> PP wiring harness> HU.
Any help is greatly appreciated! My car is dead in the water right now.
Also, the HU works fine when the amp is bypassed.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...