Good low priced amp to power one JL 10w6

Hey guys, i'm new here. I just bought a JL Audio Stealthbox with one 10w6 for my '95 Z28. I understand this sub is dual 6 ohm, 300w RMS and when ran parallel is 3 ohm. So this means i need a 2-channel amp that i can bridge so that it is stable 300w rms @ 3ohm right? i'm having problems finding anything that is resonably priced that will run below 4ohm...

I would like to keep the amp around $200 if possible....

i hope all this makes sense, i'm not a master @ car audio or anything //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif thanks for the advice!

you could grab a jbl 600.1...at 3 ohms it'll put out something like 450 watts..but i think those subs can handle it as long as you take it easy on the gains.

i've never actually heard anything made by jensen, but i think most people will agree with me when i say that there's other companies out there that make better stuff, much better. i believe jensen is one of those mid-to-low quality companies.

I just bought a Profile 800sx its 600rms at 4 ohms Im powering two 12" Alpine Type R's in parralel and the amp is stable to 2 ohms. I got it on ebay with shipping for $115 and its an awesome amp.

Tantrum will own 95% of the equipment named in here, comparing it with JL audio or rockford is actually insulting the PG product.

I had two fully certified PG cars before and it sounded like the best i ever heared (including shows)... if i would have not had a good offer on it I would not have sold it and would have done an install myself (untill now i always payed for installation)

Dont take me wrong, but my cousin goes far louder then me but has no actual music on that volume, just a lot of rattling and harmonic distortion....

I also never heared Jensen but I do know some people that use it and are very content about it, my statement was only for the phoenix lover, he's right about the tantrum.. the whole serie is heavily underrated and superb in quality

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.