Good Exhaust For my 99 Acura Integra

well allrighty then!
umm no coffe can exhast's for me... unless it's a good one

yes rice for the win...

you guys are so helpfull.. there is so mutch info you guys just gave me i dunno what to do with myself!!!
You should trust your car to a professional mechanic, and leave it stock. You're borderline retarded, so you only stand to hurt yourself (we can hope), or others (that's bad).

You are probably not going to gain any real HP out of switching out the exhaust, I believe most of the idiots driving around get the loud ones so they 'look' fast.
I have never heard a skunk2 but the big name ones I have heard such as greddy, remus and pacesetter have all been pretty loud compared to stock.
You've never heard of Skunk2 (Good stuff), but you've heard of Remus (****), and pacesetter (Even shittier)?

i had a hytech header and a greddy evo on my cr/vtec'd teg..

If i could do it again, id put a custom 3" set-up together. You'll get a much better gain from a header than an exhaust in my experience

I had a Greddy on my '97 RS and loved it. I was running a DC stainless header, AEM intake, MSD ignition and was getting improved mileage and ponies to the wheel. This was all before a motor swap and turbo.

I had a Greddy on my '97 RS and loved it. I was running a DC stainless header, AEM intake, MSD ignition and was getting improved mileage and ponies to the wheel. This was all before a motor swap and turbo.
X2^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

greddy makes an awsome exhaust,and very well built!

A Mugen twin-loop would be perfect for your DC2. Even better if you can afford the cat-back instead of just the axle-back. Unfortunately, the whole system (used) would cost $600 alone.
Definitely worth the investment, you can sell it for what you paid for it if you decide you don't want it anymore.

They're quiet and JASMA certified (less than 104dB). Yet they put out great mellow sounds.
there is a guy saleing a BNIB Mugan twin loop muffler only. for like 100.00 but it's a 3'' inlet //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

You should trust your car to a professional mechanic, and leave it stock. You're borderline retarded, so you only stand to hurt yourself (we can hope), or others (that's bad).
who the **** are you?.... i went to school for small engine work, power equipment, and was a certified ASE mechanic.. i know allot about motor's then you think.

im just not " hip " to what's out there anymore with imports

Get a header, cat delete pipe (test pipe) and intake.
Sounds really mean, but not ricer.
that's the kind of set up i plan on getting. i allreadu have a Injen cold air intake.

id like to do heder, test pipe, and i nice sleek muffler at the rear.

My whole exhaust is stock, besides the header and test pipe. IMO you don't need it. I've searched high and low for a muffler that doesn't sound like ****, there just isn't one out there for a 4 banger.

They only sound like **** if you have a **** coffe can exhaust. And a one piece header is a *****. For shipping, and installing.
um, first off my hy-tech header and most if not all cat-deleting headers are not 1 piece..my hy-tech was packaged more compact than the dc 4-1 header i had previously, actually. Second, installing the collector straight to the cat-backs flange is not in any way difficult..im assuming youve never really had any hands on experience.

id hardly consider a borla exhaust with long tubes to be a coffee can exhaust. If you like a really raspy smelly car...test pipes rule.

test pipes are ghey...sound like ****, lose torque and not worth getting caught. if you buy a decent header, it will extend long enough to delete the cat anyway.
From what I've seen on the dyno charts from my car, our clubs Honda S2000, and Civic Si, the test pipe/cat delete surprisingly gains a decent amount of horsepower (anywhere from 10-15 to the wheels, believe it or not, and I have the charts to prove it) and don't lose/change the torque much. My craptastic accord from a header (which doesnt do jack) and the test pipe went from 124 whp to 139. The s2k went from 195 to 210. I do agree though, I don't like how it sounds.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.