Good design for a ported SWR-10D2 box?

Participant count
  • Participant list
Ah well I can go a little bigger. I was just going on what the manual says for recommended vented size. Could you possibly link me to a design you think would work well? I'm trying to save as much space as possible but I know I have to sacrifice some to get it to sound as it's intended. I'm good at building stuff to schematics I just need a design to follow //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Ah well I can go a little bigger. I was just going on what the manual says for recommended vented size. Could you possibly link me to a design you think would work well? I'm trying to save as much space as possible but I know I have to sacrifice some to get it to sound as it's intended. I'm good at building stuff to schematics I just need a design to follow //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

are you dead set on slot ports? whats the max allowable size dimensions wise would you be fine with? this is tuned to 32hz and meets minimum cubic feet requirement of alpine

125cubes32hz21sqin4qf.png

I was just thinking slotted ports because of ease of building. I'm pretty new to the building boxes I've only built a few so I don't really know what a "18" long 3" diameter aeroport with flares on both ends." would look like. I could probably build it if I had a design to follow. That wouldn't be an issue.

As far as designs go, I want to try to make it around 15.5-16" high because I'm trying to maximize trunk space. I would prefer either something that's a box shaped opposed to rectangle. Or if it had to be a rectangle. Either something 32" long and not too deep.

The other design I could go with for rectangle would be something that's really deep and the sub gets mounted on the end. That way the sub box could be way to the left and I could have space on the right hand side of my trunk for tools and such. Let me know if I need to clarify, I know my reply was a little convoluted.

You can change any of the dimensions to a certain degree, the port would just have to be reconfigured. If you have time/patience and want to understand how to do this, or at least how it works, download a program called WinISD Pro (version 0.50a7) and read this thread from another audio site: WinISD Pro Tutorial and Download (A detailed guide on how to use WinISD Pro) - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

You may think it looks super complex and hard, but for the most part it's really simple. Any questions you have while trying that have probably already been answered here, so try searching before asking. If you can't find it then ask away.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.