Golf GTI

I was watching youtube video on it and it seems like the rockford does rated piwer but just runs very hot and I read reviews it shuts off.

The other amps wont work well with the W7 except the digital design. The W7 has to be wired at 3ohms and the digital designs amp does 840 @ 3ohms. The W6 has dual 4 voice coil so that I can wire to 2 ohms. The W6 is what I'm gonna go for. Great SQ sub and also it doesn't require a very big box

I have 2 of the rf t-1000.5 amplifiers in two different vehicles. They don’t shut off. Yeah they do run hot. Typical for a rf amp plus it is small. I never have had any issues with either one of them but I made sure they have plenty of circulation and I was concerned with the heat so I do run a amp fan on both of them. With the amp fan they stay at a more reasonable temp. One of them I run in my work truck. I run a regional truck and spend two nights a week away from home. That amp is on from the time I leave until I get back home. I fall asleep with it on. I’ve had it at least two years. Probably getting closer to 3 years now. If you go that route I’d just mount it so that it has circulation underneath and on top.

The other amps wont work well with the W7 except the digital design. The W7 has to be wired at 3ohms and the digital designs amp does 840 @ 3ohms. The W6 has dual 4 voice coil so that I can wire to 2 ohms. The W6 is what I'm gonna go for. Great SQ sub and also it doesn't require a very big box

It just seems that using the sub channel on DD into 3 ohm is leaving a lot on the table but that amp would demolish a w6 if you weren't careful.

Phoenix Gold SX2 1200.6 may be a good match or a stronger 4 channels + 500W for a 2 ohm load (w6). Dunno who has any left in stock though, but it's a good amp designed by Zed Audio.

It just seems that using the sub channel on DD into 3 ohm is leaving a lot on the table but that amp would demolish a w6 if you weren't careful.

Phoenix Gold SX2 1200.6 may be a good match or a stronger 4 channels + 500W for a 2 ohm load (w6). Dunno who has any left in stock though, but it's a good amp designed by Zed Audio.

Well you also have to consider a W6 is rated 600RMS and the digital designs is 1000rms @ 2 ohms and there will be box rise and voltage drop so should be around 600 to 700RMS

As far as the JL HD 900/5 I'm guaranteed the power since it does rated power from 12.5 to 14.4 volts

Also came across this Audison amp. https://www.audison.eu/products/av-5-1k/

Last edited:
Well you also have to consider a W6 is rated 600
Not exactly. From their website "The 12W6v3 is best used with amplifier power in the 200W - 600W range".

If you run 800+ watt amp to a W6 you're asking for trouble and I suspect if you were abusive you could easily burn one up with a JL 500/1. W6 would be a good match for the JL 6 channel or on a 500/1 or similar. At MSRP of 700$ or more you absolutely don't want to break one.

I haven't seen Audison amp in person in ages but AFAIK they're still well regarded so I'm sure you wouldn't be disappointed there either.

Are you going to be buying this online or through a local retailer?

The JL HD 900/5 I already have and I know that's guaranteed power I'm going to get. I personally have 2 10" JL W6v3 in my truck running off the JL HD 1200/1 and there running fine off 600RMS but there is no box rise and voltage drop since the the HD series will put out the rated power no mater what ohm load and what voltage it is.

I thought that I can give the W6 1000RMS @ 2ohms and with the voltage drop and box rise it should be hovering around 700 to 800. Heres a video below of a W6 running at 2 ohms with 1000rms

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.