Going with active crossovers....

Participant count
  • Participant list
all is right except that this may cause confusion...
the midrange speakers are 8 ohms, so i was going to wire them in parallel to get me a 4 ohm load on the amp for each channel. i doubt that this will affect much, and it will probably be 2way in the rear if I understand how the xovers work.

that altomobile xover looked really sweet but i bet it costs a fortune, looking for prices now

deja... ur the man, hopefully u can make this work for me (and hpefully i dont sound like a noob, just the oem interfacing combined with going 3 way is confusing me)
It'll take a bit of work, but it can be done.

Memphis 16-XO3 or Profile RX30R (refer to page 4 *manual page 6* of the OM)

Use the Front RCA lineouts from the HU or Line Out Converter.

Front MidBass - utilize the 2 sub channels set at LP 400 Hz, set the amp crossover for these to HP 80 Hz.

Front MidRange - utilize the 2 band pass channels set for HP 400 Hz and LP 3500 Hz, set the amp crossovers for these to full range/off.

Front Highs - use the 2 High channels set at HP 3500 Hz, set the amp crossover for these to rull range/off.

Memphis 16-XO3 or Profile RX30R

Use the Rear RCA lineouts from the HU or Line Out Converter.

Rear MidRange - utilize the 2 bandpass channels set for HP 400 Hz and LP 3500 Hz, set the amp crossover for these to full range/off.

Rear Highs - use the 2 High channels set at HP 3500 Hz, set the amp crossover for these to rull range/off.

Rear Sub - use the sub channel set to LP 80 Hz. Use the separate sub out from the HU or Line Out Converter if desired.

So you're looking at 1 LOC (DQL-8), 2 XOVERS (models mentioned), and 11 amp channels all in all. There are other ways to do this I'm sure, but I wanted to break it down using items I was familiar with.

also, could i just go with the audiocontrol lc7/8? instead of the dql-8?

i do like the sexiness of the dql-8 alot more and may just get that anyway

does the dlq8 have an Eq or would have have to go with an additional unit for that as well

that altomobile drive30 looks like it is pretty sick! but too expensive for me for a product that doesnt really have too much support. atleast i know i can come here for some support for the dql8

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.