Going to a Competition in 2 days, Give me some ADVICE!

pimpingiraffe
10+ year member

Michigan
Well i'm going to a competition on saturday the 26th in Houghton Michigan. An hour and a half drive away from me. I was hoping for suggestions on what I should do to prepare, and what to expect from all of this.

Ive got 2x Adire Shivas in like 1.73 cubes each with a jbl bp600.1 amp. Eclipse 55400 Deck with a pair of infinity kappa 4x6 plate speakers in the dash.

What should I be expecting to hit in my 1988 S10, this is all in the cab?

How should I go about tuning this? Ive got a bass mekanic CD with tones on it, should I go with that to tune this beast? I wonder if I will place :-D Well thanks!

-ET

link : http://www.termpro.com/asp/members2.asp?Who=13&MemberID=5749

Is this sealed or ported? You'll want to play a test tone that is right around your box's peak.

If I were to give a general range of what number's you'll put up, I'd say right around 140.

Its a sealed box. Each sub is in 1.7-1.8 cubes each roughly. I had to do a little modification to the box in making it so i'm not positive anymore.

What should I set the x-over on my amp for? And how is the competition done anyway? Do they just play a shitload of tones and see what you get or what? Just curious anyway, and thanks :-D

Usually they give you about 30 seconds, and take the highest score you did. Run a test tone from about 20-80 Hz, so you will eventually hit the car's res. freq. and have your highest output at that frequency.

Good luck!!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Do I just say, i'd like to run this range of tones, and then they give me the proper CD and track to do it? Or do I have to provide the CD myself. Sorry if I seem inept, but I just want to be sure. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Originally posted by pimpingiraffe Do I just say, i'd like to run this range of tones, and then they give me the proper CD and track to do it? Or do I have to provide the CD myself. Sorry if I seem inept, but I just want to be sure. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
i think u bring ur own cd, id play the tones and see whats the loudest to u, then play that tone, and if u could id drop them shivas in a ported box and ull hit bigger numbers

Theres no way I could fit a bigger box in my 88 S10 Standard cab. My seat is pushed up all the way to the front lol, i'll try to get pics again for you guys. WIsh me luck, any other suggestions? I made my own CD now as well.

has anyone gone to a comp and see anyone forget a cd or never knew they had to bring their own? im not talking like IASCA comps, but just smaller local ones..... That'b be funny to see

Originally posted by pimpingiraffe Theres no way I could fit a bigger box in my 88 S10 Standard cab. My seat is pushed up all the way to the front lol, i'll try to get pics again for you guys. WIsh me luck, any other suggestions? I made my own CD now as well.
just make one that takes up the whole seat, except for where ur sitting and make it go all the way up to the ceiling

Originally posted by pimpingiraffe Theres no way I could fit a bigger box in my 88 S10 Standard cab. My seat is pushed up all the way to the front lol, i'll try to get pics again for you guys. WIsh me luck, any other suggestions? I made my own CD now as well.
I'm actually gonna build a new box that's gonna be ~3 cubes, and still have room for me. I'd also reccommend getting buckets so you can put both of the subs on the passenger side and slide the drivers seat back farhter.

If it's a single point event you can use any CD you want...but if it's a multi-point event, everyone uses the same one...they usually bring a few extra for those people that don't have one...it's a dB Drag event right...?

Good luck

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.