Give me some ideas i need new speakers badly

mendon mafia
10+ year member

`94 caprice, 15" Fi BTL
my doors are literally impossible to seal or make enclosures for with out SERIOUS fabrication and i will not have time to do this for a few years until im done with school and start making tons of money so i can just pay someone else to do it..

I need a good comp set that will have good midbass and sq regardless of installation. i got 180 x 2 @ 4 ohms to feed a new comp set.

I have kappas now and HATE the woofers. they are worse then stock the tweets are very nice tho.

I have $200 for budget not a penny more for comps or just mids. I will buy mids only if they will work well with the kappa tweets.

I realize that the kappa tweets wont work with 180 rms so if your gonna suggest mids then they need to operate on 90 watts and i will go active. 2 ohms mids would be ideal but for the comp set it must be 4 ohm.

to simplify this i want a set of mids or a comp set for under $200 that will have good sq and midbass regardless of being in a good install or not.

Eventually i will have it properly installed but not for a very long time from now and i need to have a stereo in the mean time.

o btw they need to get loud too cuz i got a 3200 rms substage.

thats a great deal but thoes wont work with my setup.

i dont have enough power for them if a go active.

I would need the xovers and tweets that go with that comp set cuz if bridged my amp and used my kappa xovers i would cook my kappa tweeters.

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=370738

enough said. they will get plenty loud , and will keep up with your system no problem. still have 10-11 months warranty left on them. only powered for 1 week. if you could seal your doors they would have amazing midbass. very loud and clear mids, with tweets that are very bright with a mellow tone, and not harsh by any means. they are in mint condition.

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=370738
enough said. they will get plenty loud , and will keep up with your system no problem. still have 10-11 months warranty left on them. only powered for 1 week. if you could seal your doors they would have amazing midbass. very loud and clear mids, with tweets that are very bright with a mellow tone, and not harsh by any means. they are in mint condition.
^^^sorry im looking for something a bit higher end than those cdt cl's
your not gonna get much more higher end within your budget range //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.