Getting a new sub, need help in my decision! Also, is my box good enough?

If you like what you hear then trust your dealer and get what you already know and listened to then, they'll probably do a good job on the enclosure since they specialize in it and the proper enclosure is the most important aspect.

I'll probably get sundown audio then.

I'm currently having a problem though, I did a simple youtube search for hifonics 1500.1. Every video shows it powering at least two Sundown audio's, or alpine type r's, whatever it may be. I feel like this amp is capable of more than what you guys are saying.

I don't want to buy one 600 watt sub and have it fry...

You can power a 5000 watt sub with 500 watts. Learn how to set gains and you can do whatever you think is best. We are all telling you the SA is fine. Also learn what clipping is. Also there are many idiots on YouTube. People that think they are loud when they have no idea, you have to relieze a best buy kicker is nasty loud to 99% of the population.

You need to understand where a rms rating comes from. Sine waves for a long period of time. You listen to music not sine waves. Most of us use amps twice the power of our speakers.

You need to understand where a rms rating comes from. Sine waves for a long period of time. You listen to music not sine waves. Most of us use amps twice the power of our speakers.
But, for the life of the sub, I feel like this amp would be overdoing it. Because also, what you say is true for the amp as well as the sub then correct? I saw a dynamic burst test of a similar hifonics amp that did the rms rating it had listed.

BUT, it boils down to if i get the sundown audio sa10 600rms and turn my gain on the amp close to max, how good is the life of the sub going to be?

But, for the life of the sub, I feel like this amp would be overdoing it. Because also, what you say is true for the amp as well as the sub then correct? I saw a dynamic burst test of a similar hifonics amp that did the rms rating it had listed.
BUT, it boils down to if i get the sundown audio sa10 600rms and turn my gain on the amp close to max, how good is the life of the sub going to be?
1. Burst power is a joke. That's on a resistor and a soft clip.

2. You don't set gain to max you set it right.

If you have a amp any amp expect for stuff like a JL with RIPs you will only see half its power on average. That SA is a legit 1000 watt sub.

I typically set my gain on max oopsie. But I have an amp that is slightly less powerful than the sub, so all's it does is make the amp really hot. (It's a starter bass pack from kicker so i don't think it matters much)

So I'm going to buy the SA then, final question - 10 or 12, to be sure.

You are doing more than making your amp hot. You are killing it, killing electrical, killing sub.

Gain is meant to match your preout voltage. Once you go past that point you are clipping heavy. Power is just heat at that point. Pure distortion.

Again sundown will laugh at that hifonics. The test they did is an amp dyno where 1 ohm is 1 ohm. In an actual vehicle where 1 ohm is 1.8 to 3.0 ohms. Plus voltage drops and energy loss through heat (efficiency) whatever you think it does, is not what you will get out of it, not even close

Again sundown will laugh at that hifonics. The test they did is an amp dyno where 1 ohm is 1 ohm. In an actual vehicle where 1 ohm is 1.8 to 3.0 ohms. Plus voltage drops and energy loss through heat (efficiency) whatever you think it does, is not what you will get out of it, not even close
The sad thing is he is the norm

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.