Getting a kicker zx2500.1 what would i need electrical wise to run it?

well do you think it would be fine if i ran it on the stock electrical with my 4 gauge and 4 gauge big 3 if i just barely ran it power, just had all settings down low, no bass boost or anything and just barely turned it up, do you think it would be fine or does it need full electrical just to power it on? well im broke right now and i dont have the money yet to upgrade to 0 gauge, batterys and altenator yet so i was hoping to just get by till i did

what will cause it to blow something? like i said i would just barely power it on, the amp i am getting is already blown, i am going to have it repaired by kicker since i live 30 mins from Stillwater Designs

what will cause it to blow something? like i said i would just barely power it on, the amp i am getting is already blown, i am going to have it repaired by kicker since i live 30 mins from Stillwater Designs
yea if they find out u have 4 ga theyll laugh at u and kick you out

ive used these amps exstinsivly...

minimum electrical requirements are going to be stock alty, 0 or 1/0 wiring all around, big 3, and an extra battery in the trunk. I'm guessing your alty is around 100amps. Keep your stock battery up front and a deep cycle or better battery in the back. I would check your local craigslist for an optima yellowtop or kinetik. You'll want AT LEAST 1000 crank amps worth of power in that back battery, and mount that back bat close to the amp. less distance between the bat and amp the better...

invest in a digital voltage gauge and mount that up front. dont let your system drop under 12v.

if you plan on running 2.5kw or more save up and get an HO alty. trust me, itll be worth it.

if you leave the 4awg wiring and try to push 2.5kw though it your amp will likely blow. It'll put alot of stress on the amp trying push that kind of power through small wire. you will need bigger wire

ive ran a kicker 2500 off a stock 90amp alty and 2 g34 optima red tops (1 front 1 back)... at 1 ohm.... i kept a close eye on my voltage and never let it under 12v. But the amp would get hot and I could tell it needed more.

ive also ran a kicker 2500 off a stock 120amp alty and a single xs d3100 (no stock bat up front) at 2 ohms... ran just fine for daily for well over a year.

if you ran the amp with 4ga wire you should wire the subs to a higher ohm load. if you have it wired to run hard but tell yourself youll run it lightly....youll eventually get frustrated and try to push it a lil harder and a lil harder...before you know it something blows and you're out more money.

ive ran these amps for a while and i think they're great for 1 ohm if you have a good electrical to back it. too many people try to run 2kw or more with stock electricals

running a zx2500.1 here.

I got 1/0 gauge KLMX wire all around. 250amp mechman alternator. and optima yellowtop up front. at full tilt, my voltage floats at 14.0 or 14.1. even with stock battery it would stay at 13.9

Im running it at 2 ohm and it is very efficient to me.

But definitely dont run it with 4 gauge man. just wait longer and get yourself proper equipment rather than breaking the amp.

Dude come on!!!! You come on here asking what you would need. Your told what would be best, and your just completely ignoring whats being said. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

thanks guys for the help, i know i am but its hard cause i get impaceient, lol yea i will probally just wait till i get 0 gauge, but my plan was to run the subs at a higher load, which for now would be less power the amp would draw right, i also need some higher output subs before i can run it at 2 ohm anyways, i was going to run 8 ohms i have 2 Kicker L7 12s Dual 2 ohms, which can only handle 1500 rms, i had a kicker sx1250.1 for 2 years on them and it ran great, i just got a good deal on this amp and had to take it cause i have been wanting a bigger amp even thought i really arent ready for one with my electrical but i was just wondering what you guys thought, do you guys think if i ran 1/0 gauge all the way back with big 3, if i just bought a 300 amp H/O altenator, could i keep the stock battery up front and not have one in the back or do i also need a battery in back? thanks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.