Get audiopipe 18001d out or protect(protect like blinking)

taylor3333
10+ year member

Today suddenly my amp stopped working and i look in the truck and its making a clicking noise and the protect like it blinking really fast. i unplugged everything and reconnected it. still doing it. Does anyone know how to solve this?? ive had this amp for a week...

sounds like you got output problems, what ohm were you running amp at? if its only a week old, take it back, but before you hook it back up check ohm load on speakers and make sure amp will take it.

Unhook the amp and open the bottom cover and see if there are any burnt parts. That symptom is a sign of failed output devices or protection circuit, I had a Crossfire CFA1000D that did the same for about 3 months before it finally smoked.

Its fried. I called the place i got it from (VMInnovations) and told the about it and they have no problem mailing me another one. I just have to send mine back first. I love businesses that actually follow through with their customer support and such.

Its fried. I called the place i got it from (VMInnovations) and told the about it and they have no problem mailing me another one. I just have to send mine back first. I love businesses that actually follow through with their customer support and such.
same **** happend to me with my ap 3000 that came from vm only they did not have anymore in stock and they dont give cash back so i was stuck with a 300 credit at there **** store so i got a pair of d6 15s for 319 wont buy from there again tho

Those guys ****! I bought the 1800 from them also, from ebay and sent the money only to find out by email a couple, thats right a couple days later that they were out of stock. Why would those ****'s put it up for sale on ebay and not even have any in stock. I hate those morons. They tried to give me a $10 or $15 credit but they didn't have anything else I wanted.

Anyway, you probably blew the amp because you didn't fuse it. If your asking where the fuses are on it I am geussing you didn't fusing it. It should hav come with an inline fuse that looks like this: http://www.soundslimited.co.za/images/Audiobank4.png That isn't it exactly but it looks very similar. So instead of blowing the fuse when there was too much power, or bad ground, or a surge of some sort, it went straight through the power wire to the amp itself.

If you did install the inline fuse, then good job and I am wrong. In this case I don't know why it went into protect.

One more side note: you got lucky with those guys. I read their feedback and people have had some really bad experiences. You were one of the lucky ones to get good service from them.

maybe they still give him problems, they just said they would send him another. it did not happen yet. hopefully you get a new amp op. also watch for businesses like those to sell you refurbed equipment as new. gl op.

yeah. i had an inline fuse on there. so i have no idea why it went into protect mode. but oh well. i shipped it off yesterday. so we'll see what happends. it says on their site that its in stock. but i guess that doesnt really mean much. im just hoping this goes through smoothly

uhh, I just ordered my AP15001D from them this morning.. wish I would have come across this sooner. They already shipped mine out because I have tracking and everything so we'll see how this ends up.

Ive installed several and have had 0 problems with these amps. I had a few problems with the subs though.
I'm not so much worried about Audiopipe itself, just VM and their stock of them, there's two cases right there of them selling messed up amps so that's why I'm a little worried.

I've only had a good experience with them. When I ordered a DSC-1500.1D (at night), they called me the next morning to tell me they were out of stock. I got a full refund and a $15 credit for my next purchase. I also picked up my DSC4125 from them, and it arrived in 3 days, free shipping included in the price. That's good service in my book - they admitted their mistake and promptly refunded me with compensation for lost time.

Keep in mind that they don't specialize in web designing, so their website isn't going to be updated in real time.

And no, my amps werent messed up or anything - brand spanking new. Maybe you should consider the fact that you're buying electronics - quality control is always an issue, no matter how many "positive" reviews a product has. Think about how many people have bought from them with good results vs. those who have had bad ones. When something goes the way it should, people usually don't say anything, but when it goes bad, they attack and blame everything within a 5000 mile radius - retailer, manufacturer, and shipping company included.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.