General Technical Questions (2 amps or 1? + Wiring)

Participant count
  • Participant list

chibahawk
10+ year member

oe squeezer
NYC
Okay just looking for some general advice, in-depth answers not really needed just yet.

My setup will be a Fosgate 801s Punch amp bridged at 4Ohms 800w for a Pioneer Premier 3002SPL. I have 2 CDT CL-61A comps up front and stock speakers in the rear. I'm wondering if an amp up front is going to be needed to round out the difference between comps and the sub. Also when you have stock speakers in the rear do you guys usually just unplug them? I figure they can't be adding much to the sound.

Question number 2: this is all about wiring. Right now I've got lots of 0ag wiring but I find it to be a really big pain as it's so hard to manage. If I want to get a second amp would I wind up just running the 0ag to a distro block and then splitting up from there straight to each amp? Also if I run 0 -> 4ag should I use 4ag for the ground or 0ag?

Another question - what's the best way to measure the volume of a fiberglassed enclosure? I want to get a decently matched volume for the Pioneer.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.