Skar audio amp setting recommendations

Tony Trismegistus

CarAudio.com Newbie
Jan 6, 2019
I recently bought a rp1500 mono amp and 12"evl sub. I was lookin for recommendations for amp settings on gain, subsonic, and lpf for optimal sound without exceeding my 1250 rms max on the sub.

shredder2

CarAudio.com Elite VIP
Nov 19, 2017
Az
I recently bought a rp1500 mono amp and 12"evl sub. I was lookin for recommendations for amp settings on gain, subsonic, and lpf for optimal sound without exceeding my 1250 rms max on the sub.
I'm not sure why you are thinking the gain, subsonic and Lpf will achieve "optimal sound", I'd advise an custom enclosure 1st then worry about all those settings.

Let me add this... I built the Skar recommended enclosure once upon a time and quickly found out it could be improved upon. Depending on your goals, a custom enclosure will let you achieve "optimum sound" a lot better than filters and gain... amp gain is for matching input signal strength so your HU signal does not send the amp into clipping and  SSF and LP filter settings are for attenuating unwanted frequencies and those are mostly subjective anyways. 

My .02

• Thanks
Reactions: THATpurpleKUSH

Tony Trismegistus

CarAudio.com Newbie
Jan 6, 2019
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I purchased the enclosure and sub directly from Skar through ebay and okay my wording wasnt so specific that you interpreted generally. I'm fairly novice obviously. Thanks for your time though. No farther questions 

Screenshot_20190106-191127_eBay.jpg

youdoofus

Skibidi
Dec 13, 2014
planet earth
weird, i know i posted on this thread but i dont see it and ive scrolled up and down like 5 times LoL

hell, i even edited my post... oh well, shredder2 is here, youre in good hands

youdoofus

Skibidi
Dec 13, 2014
planet earth
the sub sonic filter should be set to just about where your box is tuned to. Anything below can cause damage to your woofer, but if its sealed, set it to its lowest setting. Gain setting in the video above and the lpf should be a tad higher than 80 imo. Depends on what you listen to i guess. If youre a strictly rap guy, 80 should be fine, but anything other than that will have bass up to around 100, 110 or even 120 just be sure to not let your mids be doing the same frequencies or itll sound like poo

nauc

CarAudio.com Veteran
10+ year member
Mar 22, 2005
USA
"When used with a ported enclosure, we always recommended turning the Infrasonic Filter on your amplifier on. In some cases, the filter has a fixed center frequency between 25-30 Hz. When this is the case, you would simply turn the filter on. In other cases, the Infrasonic Filter Frequency may be variable. If this is the case, we suggest setting the frequency to 5 Hz below the tuning frequency of the ported enclosure."

"CD or file with a sine-wave test tone recorded at 0dB reference level in the frequency range to be amplified (for example: 50 Hz for subwoofer channels, 1 kHz for a midrange application)"

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)

Latest posts

Newest threads

Most posts - Past 30 days

Latest classifieds