Gain problems?

Do you have an amp you can borrow from a friend to rule that out? 

If it’s getting good signal now as you say, all you’re wiring is in order I.e. power & ground and sub wiring, it’s still not working how you think it should I’d try another amp even if it’s underpowered 
I've been running the under powered one for like a year, I just upgraded to the skar and this is where the problems started.

I've been running the under powered one for like a year, I just upgraded to the skar and this is where the problems started.
You need to do some MORE process of elimination. You’ve eliminated the signal as you stated, you’ve eliminated wiring correct? I’d find a friend with a 800-1200 watt amp to swap in to see if you notice a difference. 

Did you buy the skar new used or refurb out of curiosity ?

You need to do some MORE process of elimination. You’ve eliminated the signal as you stated, you’ve eliminated wiring correct? I’d find a friend with a 800-1200 watt amp to swap in to see if you notice a difference. 

Did you buy the skar new used or refurb out of curiosity ?
I bought one used, and it completely didn't work, go figure. And I bought the second one new after I sent back the first.

I'll probably just hook the RCA to a friend's aftermarket sterio and see if that fixes it and keep you updated.
Ever try this ^^^?.

If I had to guess, after the factory amp where your tapped for signal is too much signal for your converter.

Of course you stated it worked previously... idk

Ever try this ^^^?.

If I had to guess, after the factory amp where your tapped for signal is too much signal for your converter.

Of course you stated it worked previously... idk
Yeah, I did try it just today. It did the same thing. I guess I'm sending the amp back to amazon a second time 😕

For those of you interested i'll update when I get another and if it works.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I did try it just today. It did the same thing. I guess I'm sending the amp back to amazon a second time 😕

For those of you interested i'll update when I get another and if it works.
Alright got the replacement amp in the mail today. Same problem. I went over all of my wiring, speaker connections, and signal. and nothing seems to be the problem. Any help...?

Missed the evolution of this mess, but how do you get "bottoming out" and "not hitting hard"?   If you're driving the sub to excursion at tuning and it's not loud something is terribly wrong. 

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.