Gain knob or Subwoofer level on headunit.

Participant count
  • Participant list
I don't know if this will help any...I have my gains and what not setup in the trunk. The option i have on my HU is "Sub level" it goes from 0-8...If i put it on 0 there is literally no bass in my car whatsoever....Ive been using it like this for a year and a half and never had an issue nor never had to adjust my gains.

I don't know if this will help any...I have my gains and what not setup in the trunk. The option i have on my HU is "Sub level" it goes from 0-8...If i put it on 0 there is literally no bass in my car whatsoever....Ive been using it like this for a year and a half and never had an issue nor never had to adjust my gains.
Cool thanks. I had it like this also on my old sub but just trying to cut out all possibilities of why it blew on me. I have the gain set on the amp and was just using the level control on the headunit from 0-15 and always have it at 15. Then back to 0 whenever I'm idling somewhere in a parking lot.

A user said +15 on the sub level is getting full power from the rca's or something like that. All 4v of it. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

never turn up anything 100% including volume knob, amp gain, bass boost, ect.
+15 on the headunit sub level adjustment is 0db as to +0 (all the way down) is -15db. :\

If I set my amp gain with the sub level at +15 I shouldn't have a problem right?

Just make sure when you are using the sub level knob to set the gain while the sub level is max so you mess up your amp and or subs.
I see what you did there. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

That way when your gain is set with sub level being in max you cant turn your subs up farther than you originally set them. So in other words set the sub level on a headunit the same way you would with a gain knob. Set the gain with the knob all the way up so that is the gain knob's max.

That way when your gain is set with sub level being in max you cant turn your subs up farther than you originally set them. So in other words set the sub level on a headunit the same way you would with a gain knob. Set the gain with the knob all the way up so that is the gain knob's max.
Cool thanks man. Much appreciated.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.