Fuses?

TRAVIESO
10+ year member

CA
Im installing two crossfire amps to a distrobution block.

What size for the main fuse with a 0 gauge wire?

What size fuse for 4 gauge from distrobution block to amps?

I have a VR1000D and a VR804

By the way the amps dont have any fuses.

well at least not externaly

Fuses depend on wire size.

If all your power wire is the same size then you only need the one at the battery. 200 amps for a 2 guage, 125 amps for a 4 guage. If wire size drops at the distro block than line will need a fuse. 80 amp for a 6 guage, 50 for an 8 guage.

I'd check the model #s of the amp and see what it says to fuse at. Then add the 2 together for the fuse at the battery. Then fuse each at its recommended amperage. I'd have 3 fuses in the car. Battery-Amp-Amp. No chance of short-ciruiting there. Remember to use split loom tubing on routing the power wires

Originally posted by soundgy45 Remember to use split loom tubing on routing the power wires
Why?

One amp is 100 and the other is 120.

Can I use 125 instead of 120?

Can I use 250 instead od 225 for the main fuse?

Thats when the sheet metal of a car scrapes through wire insulation and b4 u knwo it its like connecting power and ground 2gether and you get to get a new system because ur warranty is voided for bad installation

Which is why IASCA requires that you have a fuse within 18" of the battery connection. If the wire shorts, and you don't have your power wire fused at the battery, you will have your own personal fireworks show under the hood of your car.

And use a rubber grommet where the power wires goes through your firewall.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

TRAVIESO

10+ year member
TRAVIESO
CA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from