Fuses

BrockJJJ

CarAudio.com Newbie
Utah
Hello, 2 questions one of the rather strange... For starters, I have 4 gauge wire ran that I'm running to a fused distribution block (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09BQZSNVG/?tag=caraudiocom-20) if anyone is curious. Anyways, it seems like a great product I'm just slightly confused on what rating fuse I should run each am through. I have a Kicker CXA360.4 Amp for my Sub and a Pioneer GM-DX874 amp I'm using to amp my speakers. By the better I have a 150 Amp Fuse on the 4 gauge wire than I'm running that 4 gauge to the distribution block and running the 4 gauge from the fuse slots on the distribution block to the amp but what size fuse should I use coming from the distribution block? The 60 amp or the 80 amp? Or does anyone know how would I find that out?

The other more strange question is about the actual fuses. The distribution block has anl fuses which is great but is it normal for the metal strip inside the fuse to very in width? I have attached a photo it just seemed a bit strange they're not all the same size in the middle; is that normal or should I get different fuses to put in the distribution block? Other than (what I thought was weird for the fuses) this looks like an absolutely fantastic purchase. I'll come back here and update my thoughts when I have everything up and running on it!

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 011F3D5B-0D03-49E1-928F-39F1ED92563E.jpeg
    011F3D5B-0D03-49E1-928F-39F1ED92563E.jpeg
    204.1 KB · Views: 16
If it is quality ofc 4awg wire fuse 150 by the front batt and then fuse for each amps amp draw at the rear distribution block.

The combined fuse ratings of the amplifiers shouldn't exceed the 150main fuse if it does it's time for a larger main wire.

I use the same distribution block and have had good luck with it

In my case I had a 300amp main fuse because 1/0 wire input, then 2 80amp and a 60amp for my 3 amps plus a 40amp to power my relay panel
20180503_121727.jpg
20180331_145821.jpg

In my case I had a 300amp main fuse because 1/0 wire input, then 2 80amp and a 60amp for my 3 amps plus a 40amp to power my relay panel
Nice, such a clean setup. The amps seem as if installed with a ruler and a straight edge.
I noticed some of your wires are not fused. Is that for future expansion or is all that already in use?

I have the same kicker amp and I fused it at 50 but I'm only using it to run my mids/tweets
Gotcha, so I'm using 2 different Amps.

Just to try and explain best I can from the battery I have 4 gauge power wire ran into a 150amp fuse (in the engine bay) which is then ran into the cab and runs down the car to under the back seat where the distribution block is. So it sounds like you know what I'm getting at but just to clear any confusion, the distribution block has the 4 gauge power wire running into it and from there, there are 4 places power can be branched off out of the distribution block and each one of those has a fuse ultimately protecting the wire and amp after it leaves the distribution block (again you definitely know more than I do so I'm sure you already knew all this but I'm just trying to be as thorough as possible).

So my question is what fuse should I run from that distribution block to each amp?

If I'm understanding you correctly, you're saying those channels would pull the same amount of power regardless of if anything is ran out of it right?

Also, the set up is:
The Kicker CXA360.4 Amp is only running my single fire 10" sub
The Pioneer GM-DX874 Amp is running component Jl Audio speakers (front and tweeter ran to a cross over which will be ran to the Pioneer Amp) I then also have some JBL's for my year door speakers all of these are going to be rain through that pioneer amp.

How do I know the right fuse I will need between the distribution block?

I'm running a dual distribution block (with 250amp fuse coming off the battery)...in the block i got a 50amp to my 4 channel (the kicker) and 100amp to my sub amp (a vfl monoblock)...you should check to see what fuse ratings the manufacturer of your amps recommends and stick to that though

Nice, such a clean setup. The amps seem as if installed with a ruler and a straight edge.
I noticed some of your wires are not fused. Is that for future expansion or is all that already in use?

All the amps were fused in the first pic and the mini fuse block would individually fuse each relays output. At the time of that pic I only had the relay for turning on the amps and switch panel lights hooked up thus only 1 fuse on the mini fuse panel. All the colored wires on the bottom are trigger wires coming from the switch panel to each relay. The outputs end up being the same color on the bottom board so I can easily identify the circuit on the terminal strip without yanking the rear seats

I've been through multiple setups using that fuse block. Even a 220amp draw d5.1500 couldnt fuse that high on the distribution since it's 1/0 wire and higher than mini anl fuses go but they have a 1/0 pass through and dual grounds so the fuse block became my hookup point
20180503_121845.jpg

Just to try and explain best I can from the battery I have 4 gauge power wire ran into a 150amp fuse (in the engine bay) which is then ran into the cab and runs down the car to under the back seat where the distribution block is. So it sounds like you know what I'm getting at but just to clear any confusion, the distribution block has the 4 gauge power wire running into it and from there, there are 4 places power can be branched off out of the distribution block and each one of those has a fuse ultimately protecting the wire and amp after it leaves the distribution block (again you definitely know more than I do so I'm sure you already knew all this but I'm just trying to be as thorough as possible).

So my question is what fuse should I run from that distribution block to each amp?

If I'm understanding you correctly, you're saying those channels would pull the same amount of power regardless of if anything is ran out of it right?

Also, the set up is:
The Pioneer GM-DX874 Amp is running component Jl Audio speakers (front and tweeter ran to a cross over which will be ran to the Pioneer Amp) I then also have some JBL's for my year door speakers all of these are going to be rain through that pioneer amp.

You need a 50amp fuse on the distribution block for the kicker and a 60amp fuse for the pioneer.

I wouldn't worry if you don't have the right size as long as it is "at least" the size needed. If you have 2 60amp fuses use the 2 60 amp fuses

Under the hood you need "at least" 110amp but I'm pretty sure the closest they make is a 120amp.

A bigger fuse won't hurt until the fuse rating is higher than the amp capacity of the wire. The 150 under the hood should be just fine

Also, the set up is:

The fuses you posted are different amperages. Looks like 40, 60 & 80amps. On one side, on the metal end, it should have the amp rating of each.

I'm running a dual distribution block (with 250amp fuse coming off the battery)...in the block i got a 50amp to my 4 channel (the kicker) and 100amp to my sub amp (a vfl monoblock)...you should check to see what fuse ratings the manufacturer of your amps recommends and stick to that though
Awesome thank you man!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...