Fuses, For The Love Of God Someone Help Me

Audidriver24
10+ year member

I cant turn my volume up past 20 on my head unit or I start to blow fuses, I blew the entire dash fuse, the glass fuse on the wiring harness, and the subwoofer fuse every time I turn it up past 20, and I think it goes to 30 or 40 max. PLEASE any help would be greatly appreciated! THANKS

Originally posted by Audidriver24 I cant turn my volume up past 20 on my head unit or I start to blow fuses, I blew the entire dash fuse, the glass fuse on the wiring harness, and the subwoofer fuse every time I turn it up past 20, and I think it goes to 30 or 40 max. PLEASE any help would be greatly appreciated! THANKS
have you had this problem before you installed your new head unit?

Are you running your main constant power from the stock fuse panel?

Likely the head unit's wiring is grounding out some where, the head unit itself is bad, or the car has a ground fault in its electrical system.

Start by checking the wiring on the head unit itself all over to make sure that it is secure and shielded from any other wire or the car chasis.

let us know what you find from here.

take it easy,

-zane

I had the head unit before I installed the subs and speakers, its a sony Xplode, I'll check the wires again on the Head Unit Im hoping thats the problem and Its not the head unit itself. Thanks for the help!

the fuses are in there for a purpose... take very serious care when thinking of changing them beyond the manufacturer's specs... it's cheaper to blow 100 fuses than to replace an expensive amp and sub... and maybe car.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.