Fuse size for big 3?

? I may be wrong, but what would you use a fuse for in the big 3? I thought it was just running wires. My system isnt big enough to need to do the big 3, but I thought the only fuse on the wires was on the power wire to the amp.

You only need a fuse between the alt and battery. Unless you want the wire to come off the battery or alt touch ground, and melt yo ****.,

Just get a fuse for whatever the wire can handle. 0, 2,4 gauge...what kind?

its on step 3: batt+ to alt+

depends on how long the wire is and what gauge.

im using 4ga, about 6-7 ft long, fused with 150ANL by battery.

Well I think he want to put fuse on alternator -> battery positive wire.

But I don't think that it's necessary. I woudn't put fuse.

Well I think he want to put fuse on alternator -> battery positive wire.But I don't think that it's necessary. I woudn't put fuse.
you would if the wire ever came loose. it can happen, even with the best of installers.

? I may be wrong, but what would you use a fuse for in the big 3? I thought it was just running wires. My system isnt big enough to need to do the big 3, but I thought the only fuse on the wires was on the power wire to the amp.
Doing the Big-3 is NOT based on how big your system is... It is recommended for everyoen to do to help with the electrical system of the car...

You only need a fuse between the alt and battery. Unless you want the wire to come off the battery or alt touch ground, and melt yo ****.,
Just get a fuse for whatever the wire can handle. 0, 2,4 gauge...what kind?
happened to me...guy who put my alternator in ran the power wire across the serpentine belt....bad things happened, luckily i had a fuse

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.