Fuse question...again

Participant count
  • Participant list

stuwad21
10+ year member

1993 Ford Ranger
Hey I have tried to search for this, but doenst look like any topic answers this question. Ok so here is goes (sorry for hte long post already)

My uncle and I have been arguing about how to fuse your system. He tells me to fuse for the equipment and I tell him to fuse for the wire. I even sent him to bcae and he still is arguing. He tells me this: "If you put that 150A at the battery with 1/0 wire, and your load is only ~80A (2 amps at 50 and 30 + headunit + relay) you will burn up everything else long before the wire goes and the equipment down the line" He thinks that I should be a 80A fuse at the battery which has 1/0 wire coming out of it. Is there a problem with this, say with UNDER fusing (bcae says the MAX fuse is something like 400A for 1/0 wire)? What will happen if I put that 80A fuse at the battery instead of 150A? Does limiting your fuse in thsi case limit your amp's performance?

Any help is greatly appreciated.Thanks in advance!

no, if it even interfered with the amp, the 80ampfuse would blow. Just put anything over 80amps up to 400amps for the 0/1 on the main wire from the batt, fuse the deck and relay wires for the wire ratings on those wires.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.