fuse looks burnt

Participant count
  • Participant list
what is the size of the wire you are using? and where is the fuse located at? and do you have a proper ground for the amp(like if the amp is located in the back/trunk/cargo area, did you sand off the paint to have metal to metal contact with the ground wire from the amp to the ground of the car?)

im using 8 right now was thinking about going to 4. fuse is under the hood by the battery. ground should be fine i sanded the **** out of it.

ah ha, you using 8 ga wire, the amp is recommended on 4ga. change the wire quick before you damage your amp. go to ebay and look for knukonceptz wire, wire is pretty affordable and just buy at least 20ft of wire, depending how big your car is.

just press the thanks button. lol. and i used the cca(copper clad aluminum) wire that is at least 1.75 a foot. not 100% copper but that stuff still works. used 1/0 ga for my hifonics bxi2010, and still works.

wow 80amp fuse and 8g wire I'm surprised you didn't get a small fire the smallest thing you can"get away with" would be 4g and a 150amp fuse the reason it looks like it was going to catch fire is because you are pulling enough power through it to cause it to get very hot but not enough to pop

wow 80amp fuse and 8g wire I'm surprised you didn't get a small fire the smallest thing you can"get away with" would be 4g and a 150amp fuse the reason it looks like it was going to catch fire is because you are pulling enough power through it to cause it to get very hot but not enough to pop
hell, luckily it didnt ignite a fire. would have been him toasting in the car. luckily he asked here before he continued to underpower the amp and cause his amp to get internally damaged.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.