FUSE keeps blowing after turning on.

v62kaccord

LA, CA
hey guys.. what's up? i'm new here, i just found this site like last week //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

ok i have a problem which i can't figure out.. ok u know the power cable taht goes to the amp.. well before that cable there is a fuse that's in the power splitter box ( i don't really know what it's called) ok that fuse keeps blowing for some odd reason.

it first blew when i was bumping my system really loud.. ok so today i changed it with the same rating fuse.. when i turn the system on, i noticed that my dome lights dim a little and then the fuse blew again.. so now i put on a bigger ampere rating fuse there and it dimmed the dome light again and then killed the fuse again... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif anyone know why this is happening and where i can locate the problem?

might i have blown the amp while bumpin it?

maybe... check for any shorts in the power wire... make sure that no strands are coming out of the terminals... and last but no least... because a fuse blows that doesn't mean you need 2 put in a bigger one... sometimes it is true... not always tho

yeah i tried lookin for any strands that may have came off or something.. but i didnt find any, but ill check again tomorrow during the day... i was just frustrated after i blew 2 more fuses im like ahhhhhhhhhhhhh f... this

sounds like subs are wired wrong for the amp maybe. Or could be small fuses. Or a loose ground that is arching or just bumping around but if its really blowing when your getting to loud, could be the subs wired wrong, the fuse to small, or the amp just cant take it.

guys.. help me //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif i checked all the connections and they were fine.. no strands and stuff touching each other.. but it still keeps blowing the **** fuses!!! man im so pissed rite now.. and the 4 little fuses on the amp is fine too... oh and about the ground arching.. i have another amp connected to teh same ground and that amp's fuse is doing fine //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

are your subs wired up right, have you checked that yet, and seen what your amp can handle?
i've had this system for like 2 years, im sure it's wired right since it lasted that long, hehe.. it just started doing this after i bumped it really hard one day.. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

it's very possible that something went in your amp, made connection with the body of the amp and grounded... Two years of bumpin will do those things, especially if your workin the system hard regularily.

You know rules of thumb is at ur distro block and ur fuse holder near the bat you add the the fuses on the amp and get a fuse the size of fuses added on the amp , could be too small of a fuse .

it just started doing this after i bumped it really hard one day.. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif
That sounds like the main problem right there then, if it started after that. You prob did bump it to hard to short something out or make a connection loose inside the amp.Theres 100 reasons in there what is wrong then, if its a great amp look into having it tested and maybe repaired

You know rules of thumb is at ur distro block and ur fuse holder near the bat you add the the fuses on the amp and get a fuse the size of fuses added on the amp , could be too small of a fuse .
hmm.. well the fuse on the amp is like 20A each.. and there's like 4 of em.. and the fuse on the distribution block is like 30A... can that be the problem?? but i've been running it with a 30A for like 2 yrs w/o a problem....

Well in that case sounds like it could be the amp . But still it good to follow that rule of thumb i said earlier other wise you wont be able to pull all you have at full tilt out ur amp . But go ahead and replace the distro block fuse with a 80 amp fuse and see if that doesnt fix the prob . But sounds like the amp may be messing up .

take the amp out, hook it up to one of your friends system then and see if it does it. But from everything you have been saying it does sound like it is the amp. Take the amp out to a local shop ask them to bench test it for like $10.00 alot of shops do it. That will tell you your problem if its your amp or not.

this same situation happened to me with my jbl 1200.1 .... i couldnt figure out why it kept doing it. it blew the fuses until it blew the caps and power supply in the amp. so yes do make sure you check your amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.