Fuse Blows When I turn Car on

did you ever figure out what was wrong?

cause i had the same problem //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif (same amp, purchased from the same place)

worked for a couple weeks, then i blew a fuse, and then everytime the amp would power up the fuse (power wire) would blow!

hooked another amp to the same wiring and it worked fine.

i sent mine back and they said they've gotten a few of these back in the past month (i'm guessing one was probably yours) so i decided to go with a PA3000DB!

should arrive on tuesday.

i'm guessing this was due to the fact that the amp (soundstream) is from at least 5 years ago and has probably been sitting in a warehouse the whole time. and their packing ****** //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif mine came with a wafer fuse broken in half and a corner bent up.

here's some pics:

http://s107.photobucket.com/albums/m305/xluben211/soundstream%20amp/

i couldn't see anything wrong, but i'm not too experienced with electronics (physics 2 and a overview of EE class)

i have bigger versions if anyone really cares.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.