Funny Car Audio Story

lionfamlee
Premium Member

Premium Member
I thought I posted this a few days ago, but I must have forgotten.... I've gotta tell you all a funny story .... Now i am not knocking anybody, but a few weeks ago I was washing my minivan (yes my minivan) and I was listening to two guys talk about their systems. One guy had one Boss 12 in a home made box and a Boss Mono amp. One guy was saying man I am really moving some air wth my setup and man I have to hook my car up to a battery charger twice a day to power my system. He told the yother guy he won a competition a few weeks ago. He also told the guy if he was serious about audio then to blueprint his system and he would be one of the loudest cars in the area. He told him that he only needed a 8" or 10" Boss sub and a smaller boss amp, because unless he wanted to have to reinforce his windshield like he was going to have to do. I was trying to record this conversation on my iphone and got some of it. He started talking louder when he thought I was interested as well. I was not going to say anything until I saw the guy writing down the guys specs. I told the guy that did not have a system to research a little (good research) then lay out a plan and goals of his system first. He was kind of looking at me a little akward probably becuase I was older than them (36) and was pimpin my minivan. The guy with the bone crushing system had a look like "who the hell are you" on his face. I asked the guy with no system if he wanted to here what I had in my mini. The other guy was like what are you running, I told him just some Power 12's (I run 2 RF HX2's on a RF Power 20001BD). He smirked and told me those were'nt as good as his friends Power 20's. Huh? Anyways, I played a couple of tunes for the other guy and he was smiling from ear to ear. I told him you now have the bass head disease. He wanted to see what I had and the other guy was looking from a distance. He asked the other guy to turn his system up all the way so he could compare the different brands and in the back of my mind I was like no no no don't do it. The guy was like nah I told you my system has to be charged twice a day by a large battery charger in order for it to to perform to it's potential. LOL!!!

lol... i got one equally as funny.... i was driving down the road (had 2 18 mts and 2 d9s) i typically play my music just cruising in the mid 40s or lower.. i come up to a stop sign so i turned it down to where its bare audible.. some guys pull up bumping some weak *** system so the light turns green and i bump mine up to about the 40 range which sounded a hell of a lot louder then what they had... they turned theirs up full blast... we get to the next red light and i hammer down.. i was doing 156@48 hz with this setup and just rattle their car to pieces... then they start laughing and the light turns green so i turn it back down to nothing and we come up to the next light and they are hollering out theri window hey man what you got in there.... so i told them 2 18" mts and 2 d9s.. and the guy in the passenger seat says " well i got an L7 12 at home and its loud as fawk" then proceeded to peel out as the light turned green... lol.. just have to imagine it in your head it was halarious

hahaha something almost like that happened to me. i was just cruising down the street with my system turned down as to not disturb other drivers.(back when i had 4 DD 1508s) and a guy pulls up next to me at a red light and could hear me so he turned his up pretty loud. he was listening to a mille by lil wayne so i proceeded to put on the same song and just beat him down to hell. the guy and his friend looked away and rolled up their windows and sped off when the light turned green

The guy going out with my GFs sister was showing me his setup.. 2 12" dual subs in a bandpass box, a 400 watt clarion amp, and a clarion touch screen deck with stock speakers...

I briefly showed him my 15s and VR2000D I have in my current daily driver, along with the nice active 400 watt front stage to go with it... I never played it for him though...

My GF let it slip a few weeks ago that he was actually talkin shit about my setup compared to his... so naturally I can't wait to give him a demo... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rage.gif.0ad8a6e5565b5fddce406566fdd05149.gif

oh yea, im packin 2/0 lol. around here is the same way sometimes i do a low burp it at a light to just **** around to see whos feelin froggy. an when they jump....i leap

I used to be like that....some dude trying to punk me with their system and then I would hammer down on mine and they were like......holy ****! I remember the one time the dood saying what do you have in that car. (Protege 5 walled off with 4krms on two Kove Armagedon 15's) as you couldnt see ish due to my back windows being either painted black or tinted to almost paint, lol! I rolled down the windows and the crazy look I got from just turning it up that was priceless just went from that to me laughing hysterically at their faces.....some peoples impressions and what not are just that "priceless!"

Ended up being the death of one of my comp cars....used to show boat it everywhere.....I will never do it again. I still to this day get people bumping past me and I reach for the knob (Granted I dont have monies I used to, to support monster systems, but still gets pretty loud and sounds good to boot.)and then think of my Cutty getting stolen and losing thousands upon thousands of dollars....and that was just in the audio. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

I feel so old now!

I've got a few of them.

I was hanging out with a friend and one of his friends showed up and we got to talking car audio and about what each other had. This friend of mine friend was a competitor in MECA and when I got to the point where I told him what I had in the front.. well, I told him that I had MB Quart Coax's. He said, Coaxs???? What kind of subs are those. My friend and IO looked at each other in disbelief. He was serious.

Back in '98 some a$$hole broke into my wifes car and stole my Clarion DRX9175 HU. After asking the neighbors if they had heard anything, as they're up til 1-2 in the morning, and they said they heard nothing and how he knows how I feel. He stated that there's nothing like working hard for what you have to have someone steal your stuff, and that he had his $35 HU stolen a few yrs back.

Nothing wrong with his comment, but it was his comment that he paid $35 for his HU at Walmart and how it was expensive. Expensive????? I paid $600 for my HU......

And the last, Driving down the Highway that runs through our town and there was this guy driving his Mustang like an a$$ and he just happened to be beside me when we got to the stop light. So I yelled at him. He yelled back of course and said how he was faster then me. Well no ***** Sherlock, you're in a '94 5.0 Mustang and I'm in a '90 3.1 Beretta. Light went green and of course he took off like a bat out of hell. Next light, what do you know, there he is and I pull up next to him. I said something at him again ( this was about 16 yrs ago, I don't recall what I said to him, but I'm sure it wasn't nice), but he turned his stereo up. I looked at him and yelled, YOU LOSE! and turned mine up.

There are soooo many people like that here. They think they know everything and think their shit is the loudest shit ever. then they sit in my explorer and cant believe how loud it is.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

lionfamlee

Premium Member
Premium Member
lionfamlee
World Traveler
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date