Fullrange digital amps

mykeys
10+ year member

URABUS
Just wondering if anyone has heard them or used them. I have an install to do in a few months and some of the FD amps have a really small foot print that will come in handy when I have limited space to work with. I have only done minor looking around and havent really got passed the usuall Pioneer and Kenwood versions before I started wondering about the quality (build and sound) or other options.

Mike

Just wondering if anyone has heard them or used them. I have an install to do in a few months and some of the FD amps have a really small foot print that will come in handy when I have limited space to work with. I have only done minor looking around and havent really got passed the usuall Pioneer and Kenwood versions before I started wondering about the quality (build and sound) or other options.
Mike
zed audio leviathan. nuff said.

Add the JL Audio HD amplifiers along with the Kenwood XR series to the list!

Harmon/JBL is about to release a set of small, full range, Class D amplifiers too.

Edit: Reading owns me... OP mentioned Kenwood. DOH!

Don't rib me too hard I have been out of the game for a while and all my old crap is still functional so I haven't needed much.. Searching only got me so far and mostly bass amps. So I decided to come back and check the board and again there are a lot of new names and new goodies on the market.

Thanks for the input now for a lil research and see what I can sneak past the wife.

Mike

Buy louisianacrxs sx700.4 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

why not look at lunar amps? they sound very good and are very small...
It depends on the OP's space constraints. While my Lunar amps do have a small footprint, I have noticed them to be a tad bit taller than most other amplifiers. It is not a problem for me in my particular install, but it could be an issue for someone limited on space.

EDIT: I totally forgot about the new amplifiers that Lunar has for motorcycles. Those would be great for mids/highs and are "digital".

Last edited by a moderator:
FYI - the kicker's not a class D amp. It's a regular a/b amp with digital front end processing, and it's not small.

I've been running a Lanzar opti4x400d for a year or so now. There is an incoming noise issue that's a problem at low volume, but the amp's not to blame for that. At mid-high volume it sounds great and has never given me a problem.

FYI - the kicker's not a class D amp. It's a regular a/b amp with digital front end processing, and it's not small.
I've been running a Lanzar opti4x400d for a year or so now. There is an incoming noise issue that's a problem at low volume, but the amp's not to blame for that. At mid-high volume it sounds great and has never given me a problem.
This is true I did not read that part of the op

Mike

HOLY CRAP YOU GUYS ARE STILL ALIVE lol //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif MY choices would be either the lanzar, JL, OR the arc minis. Not a fan of the alpines, they seem to be a little weak. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
last time i heard a solid class D full range it was decent.. IMO no compersion to say A highend zapco or helix.. now arc and some other use class G and H which are cleaner than D and nearly as efficient as D there just pricey because you need some series feedback to keep things in check...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.