Full Mustang Build

jeeper07
5,000+ posts

Rebuilding&Reconstruc ting
Well i had a thread going but it was messed up so heres the new, cleaner thread.

I have been doing some work on a 1965 Mustang that a friend of mine just got.

Heres the Car:

Mustang061.jpg

Mustang063.jpg

When he got the car it had no audio in it at all. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/blackeye.gif.66a1670f5aaf7f406e783a63e3387dc5.gif He asked me to do some audio in it and it turned into quite a bit of work. The projects are as follows:

New Kick panels, with speakers built in. The kick panels on a 65 are huge, and there is absolutly NO room behind them, so i had to build outward for the speakers. So far they are coming together nicely. Heres the Steps ive gone through.

Mustang012.jpg

Mustang017.jpg

Mustang036.jpg

Mustang037-1.jpg

Mustang059.jpg

Mustang2001.jpg

Thats the stage i am at right now, both kicks are drying and tomorrow i will be adding body filler and moving towards completion.

CONTINUED INTO POST 2

Project number two was the trunk. He said he couldnt stand how ugly it was so i came up with a few ideas and we both decided on one. We created a solid false floor, and pretty much covered up everything in the trunk.

Here are the steps that i went through:

Mustang003.jpg

Mustang008.jpg

CIMG1549.jpg

CIMG1550.jpg

Still is not complete but i am waiting on the amp to decide where i want to put it and it will be done.

Thirdly and probably one of the hardest is putting a new Alpine HU in the glove box. The main problem is that there is no glove box, its gone. When he got the car the glove box was missing so i had to fabricate EVERYTHING. Now ive only spent a few hours actually working on it but ive spent the last few days trying to decide how to do it. I have no wielder nor wielding skills so my options were kind of limited. I came up with a pretty good idea, now its just finding a spot to mount everything. Heres what i have so far:

Mustang2005.jpg

Mustang2014.jpg

Ive put about 5 days of work into the car so far. If any one has any questions or comments or better ideas let me know. My aim is jeeper09 if ud like to contact me that way. Ill be editing the pictures or adding them as i finish things. Monday the trunk should be completely done and by next wednesday hopefully the kicks will be all done. Wiring the radio is my next big challenge. If anyone has any similar projects that they have done like this please let me know because i would like to ask some questions. Thanks guys

nice.....what are you gonna do about the sides(walls) of the trunk?
the pieces are already built i jsut have yet to carpet them, i also covered the gastank filler neck and 2 braces, the amp is going along the front wall of the trunk so that too will be coverd.

The Gear actually going into the car is as follows:

HU: Alpine 9811

Speakers: Bravox Audio CXCF 6.5s

Amplifier: Alpine MRV-537 5 Channel Amp

Subwoofer: ID Overstock 10

I dont think it would have been much easier if you had the glove box, they were made from cardboard. Unless you would have resin'ed it first.. Good luck on the build.

well i added 2 more layers to the kick panels themselves after the picture was taken, bringing it to 6 layers total. And on the speaker mount part i planned on only putting 2 layers more for a total of 3. The reason it looks like nothing is cause i used **** nit for the first layer of the kicks and for the next to im using random. Same with the kicks i did 4 layers of **** nit and 2 of random... i didnt know random was so much better than nitting. but i do now.

I dont think it would have been much easier if you had the glove box, they were made from cardboard. Unless you would have resin'ed it first.. Good luck on the build.
really... i had no idea they were made out of card board. Thanks for the info

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.