need an answer quick

Participant count
  • Participant list

lukeduke28
10+ year member

danville
I got my box built almost perfectly, that was when it was outside of the car..

tonite i am loading everything up to be installed tomorrrow and its the first time i tried to put my box in the trunk. extremely bad news, the box doesnt fit.

however, it doesnt fit the way i wanted (subs towards tail lights) but it does fit with the subs up towards the trunk lid. it is a sealed box and im wondering if it will sound too bad. im really lookin for expierence with sealed up firing setups but all helps is welcome..

i searched and most of the threads were about ports facing different ways. so i figured id just ask myself... thanks

I had a sealed box facing up in a hatchback, and the only negative effects were that if your trunk/hatch rattles, it will be even more noticeable. But, short of either building a new box or tearing apart the one you have, there aren't many options.

BTW, do your rear seats fold down? Not sure what kind of car you have, but I thought I would ask. Good luck!

in my honda civic with rear seat down, my best box placement was subs firing towards taillights sitting 1 foot away from the lid.

if thats your only box, sounds like you have no choice but to fire them up //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

you built 1 box, why not build another? if building another box is a pain in the a$$, you've begun probing the wrong hobby.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

yea, im gonna build another and possibly port it..

i cant believe i made such a BAD miscalculation, but it happens.

ill post again with pics after its done, but thanks guys

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.