Full Avic D-3 Bypass Walkthrough (56K Friendly)

I purchased a D-3 last week and found this article quite useful. I will be returning to the shop to have this done so I can view video while the car is in motion. I do however, have one question. I will also be installing the Pioneer bluetooth adapter for my cell phone.

Given that the mute wire is removed and grounded, what impact does this have on cell phone use via bluetooth, ie. will the stereo still mute the music for the cell, etc?

Doug

I purchased a D-3 last week and found this article quite useful. I will be returning to the shop to have this done so I can view video while the car is in motion. I do however, have one question. I will also be installing the Pioneer bluetooth adapter for my cell phone.
Given that the mute wire is removed and grounded, what impact does this have on cell phone use via bluetooth, ie. will the stereo still mute the music for the cell, etc?

Doug
No, it will not mute for your cellphone.

I just pulled the wire and pin from an old radio harness that I had laying around and used it for the bypass. This way, I still have my mute wire for when I get my blue tooth adapter.
How exactly is that bypass configured to make the mute work in this instance?

Doug

Copied from a sticky on www.avic411.com

NOTE: The "cell phone mute" wire has nothing to do with the Pioneer ND-BT1 (add-on bluetooth module). This wire is used if you install a 3rd party (non-Pioneer) speaker phone system so that it can interface to the Avic. If you install a non-Pioneer cell phone interface then you will most likely use this wire to mute the Avic. If so, choose another wire. If you use the ND-BT1 you will NOT use this wire and it will be extra for your installation (which makes it an appropriate choice). Another choice is the "guide on" wire which is for turning off an external sound processor when the navigation voice speaks. This is another wire most people won't use in a standard install. It doesn't matter what wire you relocate into this location in Connector 2, just pick one that you don't use in your specific installation.

nG

How would this work on a non navi pioneer unit?

I have a 5700dvd.

It puts up that same screen.

I had a switch on it but I hate having to turn that switch off everytime I get out of the car.

Thank you for taking the time to outline the procedure... i am not a car audio expert by any means so could you please explain what you mean by "ground" the wires???

Hello everyone. Once again, thank you all for the great info. I was wondering after reading about the AVIC D3 bypas how-to posted above, if I would have to choose between the video bypass, and the Bluetooth adapter the D3 came with. Also, can somebody please tell me how to ground the brake/mute wire/s??? Anyhelp would be greatly appreciated.

Hello everyone. Once again, thank you all for the great info. I was wondering after reading about the AVIC D3 bypas how-to posted above, if I would have to choose between the video bypass, and the Bluetooth adapter the D3 came with. Also, can somebody please tell me how to ground the brake/mute wire/s??? Anyhelp would be greatly appreciated.
You will not need to choose.

To ground it, connect it inline with the black wire (ground wire) on the main harness on the rear of the unit.

nG

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.