fuel pump cut off switch

Participant count
  • Participant list
it's an inertia switch, i have one in my focus and edge. i don't know if your is the newer style but i know the older style is 3 metal bars that a close together, i've seen guys bend them and i've heard of guys using relays to bypass it. i have done neither way as this is a safety feature that shuts the fuel off going to the motor in the even of a crash. i'm not sure about you but i know if I get into an accident i don't want to be stuck in a car that is on fire, that's just me you may feel different.

it's an inertia switch, i have one in my focus and edge. i don't know if your is the newer style but i know the older style is 3 metal bars that a close together, i've seen guys bend them and i've heard of guys using relays to bypass it. i have done neither way as this is a safety feature that shuts the fuel off going to the motor in the even of a crash. i'm not sure about you but i know if I get into an accident i don't want to be stuck in a car that is on fire, that's just me you may feel different.
Sounds like y'all own the modern version of the Ford Pinto.

i have an 05 sable, the thing is in the trunk, so you think i can maybe relocated it toward the front or something, or maybe just detach it but keeped hooked up so it gets less vibration

i have an 05 sable, the thing is in the trunk, so you think i can maybe relocated it toward the front or something, or maybe just detach it but keeped hooked up so it gets less vibration
you probably can relocate it but it would have to be to a kick panel or similar place. check to see if an earlier or later model has it located someplace different and just mount it there. mind are in the kick panels so when friends ride they normally by accident kick the panel and my car will either kill or wont start.

you probably can relocate it but it would have to be to a kick panel or similar place. check to see if an earlier or later model has it located someplace different and just mount it there. mind are in the kick panels so when friends ride they normally by accident kick the panel and my car will either kill or wont start.
cool thanks, ima try that

well i found out (i think, just guessing) that the fuel pump switch must have been shutting off because of voltage drop if that possable, because it was shutting off almost everytime i turned it up really loud ( was getting in the 10s), and today i just hooked up my new alt and a huge batt. in the back with my optima up front and it hasnt shut off since and its alot louder now, hasnt dropped below mid 13s

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.