frozen speaker

Participant count
  • Participant list

caterham09

Olympia
Just got my new tantric hd 6.5 component speakers. I bought them from the classifieds on the site but they are brand new never played. One of the woofers is frozen. Ive read this can happen in shipping when a magnet pinches against the voice coil. Is there something I can do about this or am I gonna have to buy another woofer

Frozen speaker. Usually means burnt coil. Just sayin //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif
Yeah i know. Coil cant be burnt though its brand new (probably considering the condition of the packaging). Just what ive read is that sometimes the motor can pinch the coil if it gets knocked around

Yeah im getting that sorted out but i was just trying to see if there was something i could do about that since i already had them
you and the sell have to file a claim with the shipping company if the item is insured. Its technically the shipping company's fault if it was damaged during the trip.

yep still working on it, just dissapointed and was hoping to see if someone had reapaired something like this in the past so i didnt have to wait another few weeks for my speaker

yeah thats what i think it is too. If you think its not worth the effort then ill take the advice. Wait for the seller to get back to me and file a claim

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.